• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
holy mother of god, this is the craziest scoreboard to check out on cricinfo....hats off to SA, what a victory..can't wait to see a replay of this match...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
alternative said:
Lolz.. you were asking for some serious trouble.. just bet on your avatar..
unless u have some spare cash... :p
Lots of spare cash now.
Won my bet365.com bet before the series when I put $40 on SA to win the series (honestly, when you looked at Australia's bowling squad it was the right thing to do ;))

And now I'm just waiting for Andy to transfer 5k into my bank account. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Andrew Hall's catch to take Gilchrist's wicket and Bracken's drop for Gibbs - the true deciding moments of this ODI?

Also, how many people here laughed when they saw the run totals line graph showing the lines going right off the graph and up into the top right hand corner of the screen? :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Arrow said:
This is like watching a game of ricky ponting cricket on my Ps2:laugh:
Haha I was thinking that while watching.

This, and that India vs. Pakistan 1st test earlier this year are the two matches where I just felt like I was watching myself play Ricky Ponting :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia are NOT the side they were...not by far.

Without McGrath their medium to fast bowling looks very very ordinary. One has been saying it for some time but all kinds of names have been talked of by Australian friends who are supposed to be very good replacements. Well the fact is that with Gillespie not in contention, this bowling side wouldnt scare any of the top 3-4 teams (under Aussies) in the world.

Ricky Ponting is a very ordinary captain indeed. Any of his fans who think otherwise need to think again and a bit dispassionately.

They have been slipping for some time now and this great South African chase (which is a disgrace for any side which scores 400 plus and loses) is just the last in what have been a series of clear indicators that the mighty are falling and fast.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'll offer the same story I told benchmark on MSN immediately after the game.

My mother possesses a cricket knowledge that extends to knowing the identity of Dennis Lillee and that Viv Richards was rather good, and that Shane Warne is a bit of a chump sometimes. She was here tonight, and managed (as one would) to get interested in this particular game as South Africa got on top in the middle overs.

With a handful of overs left, Mick Lewis takes the ball...

"Why are they bowling THIS guy again?!"

"Well, he has a reputation for being good in the late overs of the innings, bowling yorkers and so on."

"But he ISN'T good in the late overs!"

"Well... yeah..."

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Demolition Man said:
If you really thought the suddies were going to win and you only put $5 on it jono, well then your the idiot.

so now,being right=being an idiot:huh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chooka_nick said:
Good call, albeit one from left-field.
MICKEY LEWIS C'MON SON. Do this right man, if just for the Bushrangers. We still respect you!
No we don't, how could you when you see a mug like his :ph34r: