• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wow. Great first session from Australia.

It wasn't a very good toss to win for South Africa. The pitch is a pretty good one for batting I think, but with the cloud cover and a new ball batting was pretty tough, and they faced some very good bowling. There's a real chance of getting South Africa out today now, which would be a perfect start.

Clark was sensational. I very much doubt he'll be a huge threat on a flat pitch, but he bowled wonderfully in his first spell. Got seam movement both ways, troubled every batsman and bowled some great bouncers too.

Lee was very good too, and should have had De Villiers. I'm a bit surprised he was swinging the ball in to the right-handers too, as he usually doesn't do that at all. Kasprowicz had a nice variation between his outswingers and off-cutters going on, and Symonds was tight as usual.

Ponting's captaincy was excellent as well. He used the bowlers well, and his fields were perfect, particularly for Clark. I thought he should have brought on Warne immediately after Kallis got out, but aside from that I don't think he made any errors.
I pretty much agree with all of that. Symonds really bowled a bit too wide at the end, but good enough. Imagine Bracken in these conditions though! Gaaah.

Stuff Clark, show the world why you deserve your Test Cap. :)

EDIT: He`s the new Munaf. :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't jump on the Clark bandwagon just yet. He is in fact a fairly similar sort of bowler to McGrath in that he relies on consistency and a bit of seam movement, and as such these conditions are perfect for him. He might find it a lot harder later on.

Still, you can't criticise a guy who gets 3 wickets in his first test spell. Didn't bowl any really unplayable balls, but got Smith and Gibbs with nice deliveries nontheless. The Kallis one wasn't a great ball but it was good captaincy with Kallis looking to play some shots early to give him a chance at cutting a short one.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
so you admit that you are a fool? haha, you are such a clown if you really got a problem with me supporting australia really do something about instead of making comments that make no sense at all.
You know most people don't have problems with making senseout of my posts. Their problems come from it all being a steaming pile of cack. I'd suggest that if th'art struggling to make head or tail from my post, you'd better get thine **** back to school and learn to read again.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Agreed. Best bowler ever. Ever ever ever. Just what Australia have needed for the last 100 years. :cool2: :laugh:
:laugh:

And boy, those reverse inswinging yorkers are superb!

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I wouldn't jump on the Clark bandwagon just yet. He is in fact a fairly similar sort of bowler to McGrath in that he relies on consistency and a bit of seam movement, and as such these conditions are perfect for him. He might find it a lot harder later on.

Still, you can't criticise a guy who gets 3 wickets in his first test spell. Didn't bowl any really unplayable balls, but got Smith and Gibbs with nice deliveries nontheless. The Kallis one wasn't a great ball but it was good captaincy with Kallis looking to play some shots early to give him a chance at cutting a short one.
Yeah I agree with that. He was good, but hang tight still.

I'm just glued watching every Warne ball. Every ball this guy bowl's is magic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
steds said:
I hear he was rapid. Finally a bowler who can reach 160 km/h consistantly.
It wasn`t just the pace though. It was the spin, the drift, the way he made the ball change colour through the air... he`s just so complete. :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I hear he was rapid. Finally a bowler who can reach 160 km/h consistantly.
I hear that the reason he bowled Gibbs is because Herschelle was too afraid to have the ball hit his pad, lest his leg be broken in eight places.

On another note, does Stuart Clark look like he's a bit slow or what? No offence to anybody reading this forum with an IQ under 70, but he just has that... look.

:ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
You know most people don't have problems with making senseout of my posts. Their problems come from it all being a steaming pile of cack. I'd suggest that if th'art struggling to make head or tail from my post, you'd better get thine **** back to school and learn to read again.
:laugh: , completely irrelevant to what you have been saying all along. Firstly you wan to start accusing me of being a glory hunter & then when i tell you that accusing me of that makes no sense at all, you now come up with this crap about me not understanding your post. Have some consistency in your arguments even if its brainless.

Anyway i'm convinced that you along with others on this forum either really like me or have some problem with me because you people just wont get off my case, so i ask you kindly just drop it and leave me alone, is that too much to ask?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
On another note, does Stuart Clark look like he's a bit slow or what? No offence to anybody reading this forum with an IQ under 70, but he just has that... look.

:ph34r:
Are you kidding? His rugged good looks and boyish charm are up there with Shounak for mine.

Almost.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:

perfect assesment i'd say. Has i mentioned befoe though it will be interesting to see how he goes for the remainder of the series when he is surely going to have a day where he wont get as much assistance.

andyc

The thing that scares me about Stuart Clark is his seemingly complete lack of facial expression.

Oh and...

Nnanden said:
And then there`s off the pitch...

*cue Nady*
:naughty:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Anyway i'm convinced that you along with others on this forum either really like me
Yes. That must be it. We really, really like you. :mellow:

I haven't slept at all in days
It's been so long since we have talked
And I have been here many times
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Yes. That must be it. We really, really like you. :mellow:

I haven't slept at all in days
It's been so long since we have talked
And I have been here many times
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong
quite wise that, quote a minimal portion of that passage of the post when it not even close to the point i'm trying to make then mock me on it. You got to do better than that8-)

andyc

Kasper brought on to bowl? Why not stick with Warnie? Of course, Kasper will probably take a few more wickets now...