• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

pasag

RTDAS
Got Flying Stumps by Ray Lindwall in the mail today, the print is tiny, have no idea how I'm going to read that. Might have to get the magnifying glass out.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The new Ian Botham Autobiography Head On
This book gets more laughable every time you pick it up. In the index on page 380 it references, and I quote, "third pregnancy, looses the baby." I know people on here often say "loose" instead of "lose" but surely this book had a proof reader somewhere.
Then on page 382 it gives a reference to, and again I quote, "Hadlee, Sir Michael 290"

archie mac

International Coach
This book gets more laughable every time you pick it up. In the index on page 380 it references, and I quote, "third pregnancy, looses the baby." I know people on here often say "loose" instead of "lose" but surely this book had a proof reader somewhere.
Then on page 382 it gives a reference to, and again I quote, "Hadlee, Sir Michael 290"
Tbf there is hardly a new book you pick up these days which does not contain typos. You would think with all of the spell checks and the like that this would become less common, but compared to the old books I read it is simply much, much worse.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Where have you been?:unsure:
Raiding the book stores of Amanzimtoti:

Mailey: 10 for 66 and all that
Fingo: Cricket Crisis
Mike Denness: I Declare
Ken Piesse: The Ashes
John St John (ed.): The M.C.C. Book for the Young Cricketer
Ray Robinson: Between Wickets
Edward Griffiths: Kepler: The Biography
Arthur Goldman: Cricket Capers
Dolly: The D'Oliveira Affair
Matthew Engel (ed.): Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 1995
Leslie Frewin (ed.): The Boundary Book: Second Innings
Maurice Moiseiwitsch: A Sky-Blue Life
Roy McLean: Sackcloth Without Ashes
Peter May's Book of Cricket
Norman Cutler: Behind the South African Tests
Jackie McGlew: Cricket for South Africa
Various Hustler and Playboy magazines

archie mac

International Coach
Raiding the book stores of Amanzimtoti:

Mailey: 10 for 66 and all that
Fingo: Cricket Crisis
Mike Denness: I Declare
Ken Piesse: The Ashes
John St John (ed.): The M.C.C. Book for the Young Cricketer
Ray Robinson: Between Wickets
Edward Griffiths: Kepler: The Biography
Arthur Goldman: Cricket Capers
Dolly: The D'Oliveira Affair
Matthew Engel (ed.): Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 1995
Leslie Frewin (ed.): The Boundary Book: Second Innings
Maurice Moiseiwitsch: A Sky-Blue Life
Roy McLean: Sackcloth Without Ashes
Peter May's Book of Cricket
Norman Cutler: Behind the South African Tests
Jackie McGlew: Cricket for South Africa
Various Hustler and Playboy magazines
The last ones just for the articles?:laugh:

neville cardus

International Debutant
The last ones just for the articles?:laugh:
Naturally.:devil2:

I forgot to mention John Clarke's Cricket with a Swing and Tom Eaton's delightfully capricious but too often over-the-top Twelve Seats Back. Which of that lot would you suggest I embark upon once I'm done with Mailey?

neville cardus

International Debutant
The Boundary Book is a little hit and miss, but has some very good pieces
I read both of the Harry East contributions -- delightful as ever --, but you're right: it does appear a touch haphazard. What, for the record, is your favourite anthology?

PS: The Mail Delivery Service has just informed me that your mailbox is full, so my similarly haphazard message of politics and gratitude probably didn't reach you. :(

archie mac

International Coach
I read both of the Harry East contributions -- delightful as ever --, but you're right: it does appear a touch haphazard. What, for the record, is your favourite anthology?

PS: The Mail Delivery Service has just informed me that your mailbox is full, so my similarly haphazard message of politics and gratitude probably didn't reach you. :(
Not sure why it is full, have not got any messages for three days now:wacko:

I quite like this one:Crickets silver lining 1864-1914

Did you get the scan by Mailey I sent you?