Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Symonds

Steve Waugh obviously
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sam
    ps it wouldn't surprise me if symonds plays cricket for another 8-10 years.......very fit, athletic and almost no injury problems whatsoever.
    Yeah, but for which team...
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Symonds is a test quality player, I've seen far too many brilliant first class innings in troubled situation to doubt his ability at test level, however some players just don't get the luck or for whatever reason just don't perform. He showed today that he has the ability to be a handy bowling prospect for Australia, he now needs a big innings in the 2nd to give him some breathing space.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sam
    of course symonds is good enough for test cricket, unfortunately his scores just haven't shown that yet. It's a bit like his one day career IMO, once he has that one good innings and understands what it takes to get up there to 100, there'll be no turning back.
    He knows perfectly well already what it takes to get up there to 100 already - 8 innings, hey presto, 100.

Sorry. Not what you meant?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Symonds is a test quality player, I've seen far too many brilliant first class innings in troubled situation to doubt his ability at test level
    The same can be said for players like Mark Ramprakash, Graeme Hick and Hasan Rasa. Some players just cant take the next step.

Symonds may well turn out to be a decent test batsman, but Im sick of hearing comments like "of course symonds is good enough for test cricket" where there is every chance that he isnt.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Well, I think him getting wickets has done his confidence a world of good and he's playing a bit more freely. This is a fantastic innings, it'll do so much good for him.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    No. One day cricket is about hitting balls that don't deserve to be hit.
    Your missing my point.

Your not going to hit a ball if it isn't there to hit or is too good a ball that you just have to defend. Each ball is different so you have to play accordingly, you decide whether or not what you are going to do, good ball or not.

Must I make myself clearer?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    I think he might have turned the corner today. I feel that he had a lot of self doubt that he belonged at this level and the lack of performance and the media has put made him put him self under a lot of pressure. His performance today should make him relax a bit more when he is batting and hopefully score a few runs.
    Just call me Nostradamas!!!

Great innings today. Hitting that 6 off his 3rd ball (?) got him started and today he didn't look back. Batting with his great mate Hayden also helped him. The last couple of days should have bought him a few more tests and a trip to South Africa.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Your missing my point.

Your not going to hit a ball if it isn't there to hit or is too good a ball that you just have to defend. Each ball is different so you have to play accordingly, you decide whether or not what you are going to do, good ball or not.

Must I make myself clearer?
    You said that playing each ball on its merit is the same in any form of the game. That's not true. In ODI cricket you are going to attempt to hit a ball that "isn't there or is too good a ball", because you have to. It's due to the limited number of overs.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

He definitely played well yesterday (I was at the game, and when he came out to bad and when he hit a 6 to get off a pair the roar was huge) and obviously had much more confidence in himself since the occasion required quick runs. I still felt there was a bit of poor captaincy by Smith. I didn't feel he attacked a batsman that was under pressure as much as he could have, but as per usual, once Symonds starts hitting he's very hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    He definitely played well yesterday (I was at the game, and when he came out to bad and when he hit a 6 to get off a pair the roar was huge) and obviously had much more confidence in himself since the occasion required quick runs. I still felt there was a bit of poor captaincy by Smith. I didn't feel he attacked a batsman that was under pressure as much as he could have, but as per usual, once Symonds starts hitting he's very hard to stop.
    Yeh it was bloody fantastic, crowd loved it!!

Where were you sitting??

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Ahhhh all you doubters! I believe Symonds can average low 40`s and be a very hander bowler for Australia. I just hope he does, he`s a great player.
    Jesus brings life eternal

State 12th Man
    Jesus. So he takes a few wickets which most of them were through sheer luck and now he should be classified as a quality change pace bowler? Give me a break. Give me a Styris, Oram, Cairns, Mills, Hopes over his bowling anyday. His 120 pacers are pure crap.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Did you watch the match? Even on Day 2 when he didn't take any wickets he was bowling very well and we all said it. He had much more penetration and troubled all the batsmen. It's not just a few wickets due to sheer luck. He bowled better than I'd ever seen him bowl and didn't even try a single off-break.
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, CA Lynn, Shakib Al Hasan, SE Marsh, +AT Carey, AC Agar, PJ Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

State 12th Man
    Boucher shouldn't have been given. Pollock's wicket was a result of low bounce. Kallis was a good ball I give him that, but at his pace, he should be bowling a tight line anyway.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information