• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

chalky

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Like to nod off when watching cricket do you?

I guess it's reassuring to know that someone who was the worst England captain in history can make plenty of money in the world giving his 'expertise' and generally contradicting everything he'd done as captain when he commentates on an England game.
As a commentator he is far superior to Botham, Willis and Allott. As for contradicting himself most commentators contradict themslves from what they said the previos day never mind what they did as captain.

chalky

International Debutant
How much pace as Pathan lost? Last time I saw him was in Australia a few years back when he was definately fast medium. Looks a different bowler now struggling to get over 80mph.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pathan used to bowl up to 88mph.

Also, 17 runs off this over, including 3 no balls. I think the only way to fix our 'pace' attack is to publicly flog each bowler everytime he concedes a boundry.

pskov said:
"This bowling wouldn't bowl my mum out."
Unfortunatly, he is right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Commentator: "The entire Indian pace attack has slowed down."

Why is this the case? 130kph as a top speed is NOT acceptable for your opening bowlers.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
chalky said:
How much pace as Pathan lost? Last time I saw him was in Australia a few years back when he was definately fast medium. Looks a different bowler now struggling to get over 80mph.
Could be the same thing that happened to Anderson, bursts onto the scene bowing fast swing having played little cricket, but a few years of hard test cricket does take its toll on a young cricketers and the pace soon drops.
They just need time to build up stamina / strength which im sure both will.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Commentator: "The entire Indian pace attack has slowed down."

Why is this the case? 130mph as a top speed is NOT acceptable for your opening bowlers.
I dunno, I'd have thought that'd be quite handy.