• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite moment of 2005

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
How can anyone suggest anything other than the ashes series. It was perhaps the best thing to happen to cricket for both countries in the past 50 years. Every single game was like a novel and so much life was breathed back into test cricket. Considering these nations are the two oldest cricket playing teams in cricket history, and have produced such an amazing collection of matches I see it only fit that the Ashes is crowned the moment of 2005.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sudeep said:
Apart from those already mentioned:
Bravo's caught and bowled to dismiss Warney. :blink:
That was just ridiculous...how did he do that?! :laugh:

irfan

State Captain
flintoff's wicked delivery to dismiss ponting at edgbaston wen Aus were looking odds on to make the target.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
One thing:

Ashes was great.

But to suggest that it revevied test cricket is taking it too far. It never was dead in most of the world. And nor has it had major impacts on crowd attendance, except in England. So, if anyones suggesting that it revived cricket, please do mention the words "in England".

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Anyway .mine:

1) Googenheim joining cricketweb.net forums and reviving posting on cricket forums in the internet. (See, I'm humble. I dont say I revived posting on all forums on the net, I only revived posting on cricket forums on the net).
2) Bangladesh getting in their big moments vs Australia and India. Enjoy it guys. You have these magical moments roughly at the rate of one every two years. This was a big year for you. You had 2 this year. This means you wont be having any for the next 4 years, since you packed in the extra one this year. *pats Bangladesh cricket lovingly on the head*
3) Warne getting his hair woven. Seriously, who wants to see a bald stocky guy walk in menacingly at the batsman, that too ones who probably are ****ing their pants already wondering how to play him.

Linda

Edgbaston... 2nd last ball and previous...
Pakistan beating England. It felt like we were kings of the world again :laughing:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Googenheim said:
One thing:

Ashes was great.

But to suggest that it revevied test cricket is taking it too far. It never was dead in most of the world. And nor has it had major impacts on crowd attendance, except in England. So, if anyones suggesting that it revived cricket, please do mention the words "in England".
Erm, most Tests in England sold out before the Ashes - so not sure how it's revived it over here.

Craig

World Traveller
Sudeep said:
Apart from those already mentioned:
Bravo's caught and bowled to dismiss Warney. :blink:
Was going to mention that and it was a top catch. And Oram smacking Bracken a country mile in Christchurch, that is the biggest six I have see and I doubt Chris Cairns' old man did that either.

Slats4ever

Googenheim said:
One thing:

Ashes was great.

participation in junior cricket in Australia is now up 25% as well

Steulen

International Regular
Fav mo's: (sorry about that)

The legbreak Warney bowled to Trescothick for which the tech boys had to reset Hawk-Eye's parameters. I could swear that ball did a U-turn

The rained-off ODI between England and South Africa in Durban. Why? Because I was there.

And of course The Netherlands' last-gasp qualifiaction for the Cricket World Cup.

Mike Hussey's twin three-figure average was good while it lasted as well.

Dissector

International Debutant
Murali's ball to bowl Dhoni was utterly amazing. It would have been considered a superb leg-spin delivery if Warne had bowled it but coming from a off-spinner it's got to be one of the greatest deliveries of all-time.

KP's assault on Brett Lee in the final test: perhaps the most exciting over of batting I have ever seen.

Michael Clarke's run-out in the last over against New Zealand.

From an Indian perspective Sachin's 35th century was obviously special as well as Dhoni's brutal ODI assault against the Sri Lankans.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Kemps six at St.Georges park to beat NZ was special.. I've spent so long wanting to be there to cheer the boys on myself, and that day was totally perfect in every way.. I even met some chicks

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Favourite moment has to be watcing Bangladesh beat Australia and favourite ball has to be Shoaib Akhter's yorker to take out Ashley giles's middle and leg stumps!

ahmed_faraj

Cricket Spectator
my favourite moment in 2005 was getting 7 wickets for 12 runs now thats demolition and to see pakistan beat england HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cricket not including the Ashes? That's really not fair! It'd have to be the tie between Culmstock U13 and Exeter U13 in May...