• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

danish

U19 12th Man
vandemataram said:
I'm not saying that all the teams are slow each and every time, but it keeps happening every now and then.If you think that Inzi has never been fined for slower rate then what can i say really
Did I say that? You seem to be saying that it is OK for the Indian batsmen to bat under full daylight, but not OK for the Pakistani batsmen to go off for bad light when the Indian bowlers overran the time limit set to bowl their overs.

danish

U19 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Its different while batting when you are setting up a target than from batting while chasing one.I think while chasing there is a big pressure on batsmen and on such situation batsmen do faulters.I'm not saying that india would have definately won the match, but i think they had real good chance of winning it.
Especially as the opposing batsmen were batting in light deemed unsuitable by the umpire to bat in. If Sachin Tendulkar has a problem batting when the sightscreen is marginally small, shouldn't lesser batsmen be allowed to go off if it is not possible to see the ball properly when the umpires allow them to do so.

danish said:
Did I say that? You seem to be saying that it is OK for the Indian batsmen to bat under full daylight, but not OK for the Pakistani batsmen to go off for bad light when the Indian bowlers overran the time limit set to bowl their overs.
No i'm not saying that they shouldn't have gone off, all i was trying to say was they head off to the pavillion when light was offered as they realised that there was a chance of losing the match if it was completed.

Indian batsmen would have walked off to if they were in such a situation.

danish

U19 12th Man
vandemataram said:
No i'm not saying that they shouldn't have gone off, all i was trying to say was they head off to the pavillion when light was offered as they realised that there was a chance of losing the match if it was completed.

Indian batsmen would have walked off to if they were in such a situation.
Wait for it... Thunderclap... Drum roll... I agree with you.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
The only reason he is left out of the side (and AA is never dropped) is because the selectors want to make it fairer on the opposition.
Fairer or easier for the opposition LOL!

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Pak didn't chase 328, they made 311 for 7 and were awarded the match due to D/l .Pak had Younis nad Rana on crease then and when umpires asked them if they wanted to continue batting in fading light, they immidiately wen't back to pavillion.The asking rate was such that i think that had match been completed , Pak would have lost it.
18 balls 18 runs and 3 wkts, the asking rate was what, 6 an over. How an earth is 6 an over difficult to attain with 3 wkts in hand? can you please explain that to me. It was an evenly poised match and could've gone either ways, but 7 out of 10 times in such situations I would give the benefit of doubt to the chasing side.

Also Pakistan weren't "awarded" the match as you say, the end result was fair as Pakistan were well ahead of the runs they were supposed to get according to the D/L rule. If the shoe were on the other foot and India had scored 311/7 chasing 328 and won the game on the basis of the D/L rule, would you've said the same thing that India was "awarded" the match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
Pak didn't chase 328, they made 311 for 7 and were awarded the match due to D/l .Pak had Younis nad Rana on crease then and when umpires asked them if they wanted to continue batting in fading light, they immidiately wen't back to pavillion.The asking rate was such that i think that had match been completed, Pak would have lost it.
So it's the Indian's fault for wasting time when bowling then.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kvemuri said:
Fairer or easier for the opposition LOL!
It's one and the same.

With AA there no side is safe from defeat.

By resting him, India make it easier for the opposition and also a fairer game.

adharcric

International Coach
This match should still be quite exciting, at least from India's point-of-view. With Sehwag and Harbhajan flown out and Tendulkar and Pathan being rested, the team composition will be interesting. Mainly, who will partner Gambhir at the top? It won't be Dravid as he'll want to give younger guys opportunities at the top. Kaif, Yuvraj and Raina have never opened in one-day cricket. Dhoni would be a scary prospect, but who knows? Pathan has opened before but he's not playing.

G Gambhir, MS Dhoni, S Raina, M Kaif, Y Singh, R Dravid, R Powar, Z Khan, M Kartik, RP Singh, Sreesanth

In my opinion, these matches will be a launching pad for Suresh Raina, while Ramesh Powar will be retained in the one-day side. Something tells me that if Kartik and Zaheer don't perform well today, they should never be considered for one-day cricket again.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
adharcric said:
Mainly, who will partner Gambhir at the top?

that is an interesting question, i would suspect that they would try Kaif, as they would want to see kaif come good and find his feet in this series.. he hasn't scored much, but this will give him a good opportunity.. or still dravid could open..

with this new look indian team, its pretty hard to judge anything..

on the bowling aspect, i would have preferred to see sreesanth open the bowling, but i guess they are trying new strategies.. so its acceptable..

and finally ramesh powar gets a game..

danish

U19 12th Man
Arumpnoo said:
Sressanth shaking his booty like Buoyance after getting Farhet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
An interesting way around the ICC celebratory regulations. Surely the rules don't advocate against shaking your booty when taking a wicket. Or do they?

danish

U19 12th Man
Big wicket, Inzamam unlucky to be given out on a ball that struck him outside off stump while playing a sweep to a quicker delivery.

adharcric

International Coach
danish said:
Big wicket, Inzamam unlucky to be given out on a ball that struck him outside off stump while playing a sweep to a quicker delivery.
not too unlucky, if it had hit him on his front leg one might make the case that he was far out ... but it hit him on his back thigh and it was going on to off-stump.

danish

U19 12th Man
adharcric said:
not too unlucky, if it had hit him on his front leg one might make the case that he was far out ... but it hit him on his back thigh and it was going on to off-stump.
Yes, but it struck him outside the line of off stump while he was playing a sweep shot.

Xuhaib

International Coach
How would u rate Younis innings?

I believe he could have accelarated a bit earlier, but then if he would have gotten out Pak might have ended up with 260ish instead of 286. Only time will tell how crucial the last over was.

wahindiawah

Banned
Xuhaib said:
How would u rate Younis innings?

I believe he could have accelarated a bit earlier, but then if he would have gotten out Pak might have ended up with 260ish instead of 286. Only time will tell how crucial the last over was.
For pakistan it should be a bit dissapointing, for i thought they would have reached 300 at one point.I believe Younis should have accelerated early, but then again he had to be careful not to lose his wkt as there wan't much batting after him.

In this series India has bowled well to achieve victory, but somehow i feel Pak batting misery is not jus cause of good bowling, most of the batsmen seems to lack focus, atleast that what i feel about them.