• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averaging 100 in both forms

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Kambli averaged....

113.3 after 7 test matches and
63 after his first four one dayers
(a bit fortituous that second one) :p

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Kambli averaged....

113.3 after 7 test matches and
63 after his first four one dayers
(a bit fortituous that second one) :p
Yeah, that guy was awesome. At one point he was bald, had a goatee, and put something like 10 grips on his bat handle. India should have kept him. His average is still something like 55 in Tests.

Hussey has done incredibly well, and you can't take anything away from him. Few if any have started their international career with such success.

Who/what is AA?

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Alcoholics Anonymous :p

Nah, Ajit Agarkar. He has quite a cult following here on CW, no idea why :ph34r:
Haha, that is quite strange. The guy isn't a standout at all. He's sometimes useful, but rarely, and he doesn't have much character.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
Haha, that is quite strange. The guy isn't a standout at all. He's sometimes useful, but rarely, and he doesn't have much character.
Watch out for the backlash after that, his useless, but some people like useless players. I guess they make them think, if someone that crap can be Internationals i might have a chance. :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
ClownSymonds said:
:ban:

You are a disgrace. 8-)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ClownSymonds said:
Oh you've done it now

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ClownSymonds said:
Doesn't have much character?

Face it, AA rules. Look at him. He defines character.
chaminda_00 said:
Watch out for the backlash after that, his useless, but some people like useless players. I guess they make them think, if someone that crap can be Internationals i might have a chance. :p
:-O

*blows up*

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Doesn't have much character?

Face it, AA rules. Look at him. He defines character.

:-O

*blows up*
Character? Looks like a man with big ears to me, someone should tell him you can get surgery to pull them back, so they don't stand out so much. :laugh:

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
If thats the case, Dumbo the elephant had the most character of anyone I've had the pleasure of following the adventures of.

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
meh wat are we all moaning about!!!

hussey is a wonderful addition to the australian team, and opponents will relish the moments... 'because they couldnt get him out"

go bevan... i mean go hussey!!!

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
First off, less bypassing the filter. Consider this a warning.

Second, considering that these are some of the Australian averages:

Symonds 5.00
Clarke 12.00
Gilchrist 17.33

...it's not really fair to say that the West Indies bowling has been pathetic. In each Test match Australia's innings has relied on a couple of players to get to winning proportions.
really? the WI bowling hasnt been pathetic? thats news to me. Fidel edwards continued to bowl complete garbage. Darren powell seemed incapable of bowling with a straight seam and bowled far too short, lawson for his 1 test looked even worse than he usually is, Collymore was his usual self, accurate but unthreatening bar 1 test match, and bravo's 6fer was hardly anything special either.
and the fact that symonds even made it onto the field for this series bares testiment to how ridiculously desperate the australian selectors are for an all rounder that they pick every half decent county player who can hold a bat and bowl a few overs.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
tbh I'm sick of the Australia's selectors apparent "crush" on the all rounder concept. In my opinion Lee/Warne (when in form with the bat) are all rounders.