• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Magical moments

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One I remember with fondness : Andre Nel almost missing his wedding because of a test match.

Add more please. :cool:

King_Ponting

International Regular
murali having to stay in the dressing rooms at the waca after being abused by 20 000 people whilst running laps..... The call going round the ground was ******* chucker....

MUrali is still young and might actually end up getting more wickets than anyone else in the world, even close to 1000 wkts, a record which might never be braken again YET he will never be able to gain respect like other champion bowlers gets, like for example Warne, and that is becuse many people do consider Muralitharan a chucker.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
MUrali is still young and might actually end up getting more wickets than anyone else in the world, even close to 1000 wkts, a record which might never be braken again YET he will never be able to gain respect like other champion bowlers gets, like for example Warne, and that is becuse many people do consider Muralitharan a chucker.
Thanks for stating the obvious...to me anyway...

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
GladiatrsInBlue said:
<yawn>

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Bevan's four off Hooper at the SCG to win that one-dayer. I'll never forget the look on McGrath's face after he had hit it :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
King_Ponting said:
murali having to stay in the dressing rooms at the waca after being abused by 20 000 people whilst running laps..... The call going round the ground was ******* chucker....
Hardly a magical moment...disgusting more like it...unfortunately, things haven't changed for him which is a sad indictment on the cricket viewing public (at least in Australia).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardly a magical moment...disgusting more like it...unfortunately, things haven't changed for him which is a sad indictment on the cricket viewing public (at least in Australia).
It was better in the Super Test than I've seen it in ages. There was the occasional chorus of "No-ball!". The crowd was a bit silent during THAT spell, though. :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Disgrace.

Chubb

International Regular
Zimbabwe had just been dismissed for 286 in reply to South Africa's 600-3 declared. Andy Flower had scored 142. He was last man out, so as they were coming off he went over to Shaun Pollock and asked him if he was going to enforce the follow-on. Pollock laughed and said "Yes, of course."
Flower smiled back and said "Good."
He went out to bat again at 25-3 and proceeded to score 199*. What a player.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Top_Cat said:
It was better in the Super Test than I've seen it in ages. There was the occasional chorus of "No-ball!". The crowd was a bit silent during THAT spell, though. :D
Actually, you're right that it was slightly better...It was still pretty bad in the games at Telstra Dome though (at least on the Wednesday and Friday when I went). I had to restrain myself many times at those games...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, you're right that it was slightly better...It was still pretty bad in the games at Telstra Dome though (at least on the Wednesday and Friday when I went). I had to restrain myself many times at those games...
That's what you get for going at all. Well deserved. :D

I know of people who have actually said they admire Brian Lara so much, they'd go along justto wach him score a duck. They changed their tune awfully quickly when it happened twice. :laugh:

Deja moo

International Captain
Chubb said:
Zimbabwe had just been dismissed for 286 in reply to South Africa's 600-3 declared. Andy Flower had scored 142. He was last man out, so as they were coming off he went over to Shaun Pollock and asked him if he was going to enforce the follow-on. Pollock laughed and said "Yes, of course."
Flower smiled back and said "Good."
He went out to bat again at 25-3 and proceeded to score 199*. What a player.
If its true that he actually smiled ( picture a sinister smile), with some sort of inkling of things to come, thats so cool!