• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pathan has come of age!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah, im still not at all convinced by pathan, needs a lot more work for him to become a true test standard seamer imo.

Steulen

International Regular
SJS said:
You could add Kumble to that list. The difference in the gaps, between Kumble and Irfan and between Irfan and Harmison, as far as 'pace' is concerned, cant be too much
:blink: :laugh:

Brilliant.

Nonsense, but brilliant nonsense.

Slow Love™

International Captain
SJS said:
Now you are in the realms of fantasy SL :p :p
LOL, you are probably right, mate - it's not the first time I've been corrected on it by folks that probably interact with him a lot more.

I think it's because I have had one or two rational conversations with wah, and vandemataram has almost seemed like an automaton in his relentless trolling. :)

Well IKP has just equalled a world record, his haul of 21 wickets in the two-match series did, however, equal a record shared by Kumble (v Pakistan in 1999) and England's Johnny Briggs (v South Africa in 1889).

The guy is making waves in international cricket , i know ppl will say that he has achieved that only against minnows, but the fact is that IKP is actually bowling very well, and i can bet any amount of money that IKP will gain respect from opponents by performing remarkebly when he play against heavyweights like Aus and England on their own backyard the next time around.

I think IKP is God's most beloved creation (this i say to annoy some cranky CW members :p )

I think IKP is a gift to mankind ...no offence to irrate members.

IKP hail to the king!!

Shounak

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Well IKP has just equalled a world record, his haul of 21 wickets in the two-match series did, however, equal a record shared by Kumble (v Pakistan in 1999) and England's Johnny Briggs (v South Africa in 1889).

The guy is making waves in international cricket , i know ppl will say that he has achieved that only against minnows, but the fact is that IKP is actually bowling very well, and i can bet any amount of money that IKP will gain respect from opponents by performing remarkebly when he play against heavyweights like Aus and England on their own backyard the next time around.

I think IKP is God's most beloved creation (this i say to annoy some cranky CW members :p )

I think IKP is a gift to mankind ...no offence to irrate members.

IKP hail to the king!!
WE'RE NOT WORTHY.. WE'RE NOT WORTHY..

Swervy

International Captain
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Will soon be below 30 :blink:

When is India going to tour England?? It will be England vs IKP
\

well I am sure the England batsmen will be looking forward to bumping up their averages. :p

Slow Love™

International Captain
Swervy said:
Very interesting article. I agree completely BTW that these two-test series between established (ie non-minnow) test nations has to stop. There should be a three-test minimum criteria for a standard series.

One of the interesting things about all this though, is the extent to which some teams/players destroy these two teams (and in the ODI arena, other small-timers). I don't really know how to interpret it - there's no doubting that Pathan and Vaas (in some ways, Murali is more understandable) absolutely murder these teams on a very regular basis, while it's not unusual to see stronger players (either with the ball or the bat) not do as sensationally well.

C_C

International Captain
Swervy said:
\

well I am sure the England batsmen will be looking forward to bumping up their averages. :p
Has an english side bumped up their averages in India in the last 15 years or so ?
:p

Swervy

International Captain
C_C said:
Has an english side bumped up their averages in India in the last 15 years or so ?
:p
no..but has an English side played against a team whose best pace bowler averages 47 in tests

(I think GIB said it was England vs IKP)