• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand A in Sri Lanka

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I've ever seen much of Ryder.....Anyone that has kind enough to give us a brief description of his batting?? Judging by those scorecards from S.L he's seems like a bit of a dasher

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
I've only seen him play a couple of one-day games for Wellington, where he didn't bat very well. He's a stocky guy who hits the ball hard. He had a pretty good Emerging Players' Tournament. That's about all I know.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryder is a dasher when at his best, but that's not to say he's incapable of building an innings. He's batted through full days on occasion, and played other lengthy innings at a 60-70 SR.

The most notable thing about his style is probably his fast hands and a strong back-foot game. His cut shot is a strength which can become a weakness against medium-pacers on domestic pitches. There was a run of 8 or 9 caught behinds in a row at one point last year, but then the penny seemed to drop, he came out saying "I'm just going to play in the V" in the paper and had a pretty good run of scores for Wellington (including a double hundred) late in the season.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kippax said:
Ryder is a dasher when at his best, but that's not to say he's incapable of building an innings. He's batted through full days on occasion, and played other lengthy innings at a 60-70 SR.

The most notable thing about his style is probably his fast hands and a strong back-foot game. His cut shot is a strength which can become a weakness against medium-pacers on domestic pitches. There was a run of 8 or 9 caught behinds in a row at one point last year, but then the penny seemed to drop, he came out saying "I'm just going to play in the V" in the paper and had a pretty good run of scores for Wellington (including a double hundred) late in the season.
Cheers for that assessment........Sounds like a good prospect

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
^ Kippax are you in any way involved with cricket wellington?
No I'm just a club player, but I catch up with a couple of Wellington guys I grew up with from time to time.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
im surprised at how strong the rsa a squad has been but they do have the depth. the key to the final will be the toss and the use of the substitue. nz a have a chance if the bat first and post a half decent total but there arent many players that you can rely on thats in the team oh well hopefully 1 of dem will have a gud day