• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Philip Anthony Jaques

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
shounak said:
Dig up the Don?
Haydos would put him straight back in his grave, after a heated exchange regarding Matt's special chryselephantine bat he has on his key ring, and the Don's overheard whispering campaign, "..he should be batting at Lourdes".

King_Ponting

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
Haydos would put him straight back in his grave, after a heated exchange regarding Matt's special chryselephantine bat he has on his key ring, and the Don's overheard whispering campaign, "..he should be batting at Lourdes".
Anyone notice that haydos is now sponsored by ford...... Talk about putting some horsepower into cricket....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
King_Ponting said:
Anyone notice that haydos is now sponsored by ford...... Talk about putting some horsepower into cricket....
So that's why he's having trouble reaching 100.

Steulen

International Regular
twctopcat said:
200 mph, straight to silly mid off.
God, that was an awful...awful...dismissal. How thick can you be driving your first ball like that with a catcher right there in front of you.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The bloke has been very impressive i saw him early this season during the roses clash here at OT and he looked every inch of a batsman, he will definately be in the aussie side in the not too distant future.....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Isn't Jaques a UK (or possibly EU) passport holder? When he was at Northants I don't think he was an overseas player, but he is now at Yorks so I guess he's nailed his colours firmly to the Oz mast.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Jacques fielding is a worry tho......
i remember him fiedling in the gully for Yorsh*te taking a catch off Harvey to dismiss Loye & overall he looked a safe fieldsman.

howardj

International Coach
I've had some nasty, nasty fights :p over the claim that this guy should be the next in line for the Gabba, if Hayden fails to produce in England. Perfect age; great average; cast-iron technique.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
I've had some nasty, nasty fights :p over the claim that this guy should be the next in line for the Gabba, if Hayden fails to produce in England. Perfect age; great average; cast-iron technique.
cant disagree with you mate, but i would rather Hussey get the nod before him, but a Hussey/Jaques opening partnership for the future is a moth-watering prospect :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Hope you're not referring to our discussion on the subject? :p

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about Jaques too, he looks a phenomenally good player. There will come a time when both Langer and Hayden are gone and then he looks a pushover to make the test side. I still think that right this minute (or next summer, for that matter) Hussey would and should get the place ahead of him if Hayden were dropped, because of his wonderful adaption to ODI cricket and his consistently good record in the CC, but Jaques isn't too far behind him in my mind, and give it a year or two and he will overtake him.

Certainly shows Australia's batting depth when you've got two openers like that sitting around outside of the test side. Now we just need a couple more bowlers to go with Tait...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Certainly shows Australia's batting depth when you've got two openers like that sitting around outside of the test side. Now we just need a couple more bowlers to go with Tait...
What about Johnson, Bird & White Sean :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
What about Johnson, Bird & White Sean :)
Johnson hasn't played enough FC cricket for anyone to pass judgement on him yet. Bird is having his action remodelled and we have no idea how he will go afterwards, and while I think he's a decent prospect in ODIs I doubt White will ever play test cricket for Australia unless there's real desperation.

There's hope in Cullen though, and the idea of a Lee/Tait/Johnson bowling lineup is pretty frightening. ;)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Johnson hasn't played enough FC cricket for anyone to pass judgement on him yet. Bird is having his action remodelled and we have no idea how he will go afterwards, and while I think he's a decent prospect in ODIs I doubt White will ever play test cricket for Australia unless there's real desperation.

There's hope in Cullen though, and the idea of a Lee/Tait/Johnson bowling lineup is pretty frightening. ;)
1.Gee White has dropped down that bad huh :wacko:, well it seems then he will more likely play more in ODI's.

2. Yep that does look frightening :D & did u see Cullen bowl anytime last season if yes how did he look???

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
2. Yep that does look frightening :D & did u see Cullen bowl anytime last season if yes how did he look???
A couple of times in ODs. He looked composed and accurate, but really I didn't pay as much attention to him as I might, as he hadn't hit his straps in the Pura cup by then.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Worst thing that ever happened to White's bowling was becoming captain.

Best thing that ever happened to White as a cricketer, however, was becoming captain.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
A couple of times in ODs. He looked composed and accurate, but really I didn't pay as much attention to him as I might, as he hadn't hit his straps in the Pura cup by then.
well i'm going out on a limb when i say this CULLEN the best aussies off-spinner since Ashley Mallet....