• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Women's Ashes (Eng v Aus) thread*

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've been to one women's match in 1999 which was between New Zealand and Australia at the Basin Reserve where I met and interviewed Joanne Broadbent for my first cricketing website.(http://www.cricketweb.net/news/photos/joebroadbent.jpg). Wasn't a great game but I enjoyed myself.

My overall favourite game was the final of the world cup between New Zealand and Australia a few years ago down in Christchurch which New Zealand won. That was a fantastic game of cricket IMO.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
Having watched Belinda Clark batting live, I have no doubt that she could cut the mustard in Premier Cricket here in Victoria if she wished. Generally, the females are just as disciplined as their male counterparts with the ball, and technically very proficient, but bowl a little slower and don't hit the ball as hard.
That'd be the one who got a two-ball duck yesterday. :p

(yes, she still averages roughly 50 in women's Tests, but hey...)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
age_master said:
maybe yesterday, she still hit a double ton in an ODI a few years back
Versus Denmark :p
Samuel_Vimes said:
That'd be the one who got a two-ball duck yesterday.

(yes, she still averages roughly 50 in women's Tests, but hey...)
Yes, that'd be the one who I watched slap a few of my mates all around the place in the nets.

And one innings doth not a batsman (or batswoman!) make :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Birch Watch - Part 2

Current Stats: 2/84 (31)

A pretty quite day for the finest thing in cricket, rolled her arm over for a couple overs in the search of the last wickets, but was unable to take the wicket. The Australia innings was ended at 355 by Katherine Brunt, who ended up with 3/64. An interesting side note that i noticed was that 8 of England's wickets came from girls aged 21 (Birch), 20 (Brunt) and 15 (Colvin). After Australia was bowled out the rest of the day Rosalie watched her fellow batsmen rack up a total of 4/230, to leave the match all even after 2 days. With Rosalie next to come in there is an expected Tendulkar style crowd to flood Hove, to watch the greatest sight in whites on a cricket field. The RBAS would like to wish Rosalie all the best tommorrow when she will hopefully caress the Australian bowling attack around the ground.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Annoyed I didn't realize Sky were covering it all! Oh well, hope to see some more of Johmari and Cri-Zelda this winter.. Imagine having a popular video game as part of your first name..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Count me in, she looks a saucey mare.
Your application has been accepted, congratulations on being the 3rd member of the RBAS :D

Monty said:
how do i join the Rosalie Brich societey
You can sign up here, all it costs is devotion to RB for the rest of your cricketing life :D

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Your application has been accepted, congratulations on being the 3rd member of the RBAS :D

You can sign up here, all it costs is devotion to RB for the rest of your cricketing life :D
I've never felt prouder. This is a great day.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Heh, Belinda Clark gets a pair. Australia still lead by 162 though, with eight wickets in hand...Rosalie bowling her first over of the day.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
RB Watch Part 3

Current Stats: 6 & 0/17(4)

Not the greatest day for Rosaile first being dismissed for 6 :( of the bowling of Australia left arm spinner Shelley Nitschke, then bowling only bowling four overs and going for a few runs. Australia are now in the box seat thanks to the innings of Karen Rolton (97). Her hundred run partnership with New South Wales batswomen (man thats weird to write) Lisa Sthalekar has given Australia comfortable lead of 254. But with only one day left the most likely result is a draw you would think unless Australia fold and England smack the runs or if England collaspe in the 2nd innings. Hopefully Rosaile can have a better day tommorow and show the world that she is the best all rounder in England and the best in women's cricket. :D