• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Freddie Flintoff 'Eat Your Words' Thread

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
hehehe..c'mon Mr L, you know Flintoff is a better allrounder than Kallis :D
No..

Flintoff is a better bowler than Kallis

Kallis is a better batsman than Flintoff

Both superb fielders..

That equals zero...

So there is no "eating of dust" involved, thank you for your time...

Langeveldt said:
No..

Both superb fielders..

That equals zero...

Good post.

simmy

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
No..
Both superb fielders..
That equals zero...
Yes but Flintoff actually bowls... Kallis barely ever turns his arm over anymore.

As for LUCKYEDDIE... in a recent post of the "worst international players on the test circuit" you put the "entire England cricket team". Well done... you were spot on with that call. :wacko: As for my 'prediction'... well... I'm still convinced England will win. :cool:

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
No..

Both superb fielders..

That equals zero...

ok...Brett Lee is a better bowler than Kallis

Kallis is a better batsman than Lee

Both superb fielders

equals zero

Brett Lee is as good an allrounder as Kallis, who is as good as Flintoff...brilliant

tooextracool

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
No..

Both superb fielders..

That equals zero...

that makes bradman the best all rounder ever.
kallis cant bowl, and the sooner people realise that hes rubbish the better.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shane Warne said:
No I'm not, you're looking like a jumping the gun gloating winner, ignoring the fact that Australia's only decent seamer wasn't present to coincide with Flintoff slogging a few sixes.
To quote Nibbs, lame.

Are we to discount all Australian batting brilliance due to the fact that they typically face teams with blatantly substandard bowling attacks? England hasn't had McGrath present for 25 years and they haven't used that as an excuse.

Australia has dominated world cricket for years now. They've been set back in a relevant Test match - a rare occasion. Can't you allow the English fans to feel some level of pride at this moment? It's surely only fair. Australia, to this point, has been outplayed overall.

So McGrath got injured - unfortunate. Half the England team was injured on the last Ashes tour...

Swervy

International Captain
zinzan..where are you...

zinzan the other day:

''It seems kind of ironic that after all the hype about the mighty "Flintoff" in the lead up to the ashes and the incredible talking down of Brett lee and his ability at test level that it is Lee that comes out of this First test with a good amount of credit as opposed to Flintoff whose performance was below par.

Admittedly its only the first test, but apart from out foxing Gilchrist, Flintoffs bowling in the conditions was disappointing. He went for around 5 an over in the 2nd innings. Not to mention his total of 3 runs in 2 innings with the bat.

I know its only early days in the series, but I can't imagine Flintoff's confidence is sky high, whereas I think Lee will only get more confidence.

Haven't heard much from the likes of Marc and TEC on Flintoff and Lee's performance so far, I'm interested to read their reactions

Whoops....almost forgot to mention the dolly Flintoff put down at slip and Lee's great caught and bowled.

Oh the irony !!! ''

This is the kind of thing I was talking about!!!!

cpr

International Coach
In all fairness i dont see how McGrath being absent can account for Flintoff's 6 wickets so far? unfortunatly i've not been able to catch most of the action due to work, but saying england are only winnign because McGrath isnt there is the biggest load of turd i've heard... Hayden and Ponting have both got a duck each, Gilchrist out for 1, Katich 20 in the whole match..... Either England have bowled well, or Australia have batted poorly.... either way McGrath being in the side wouldnt have affected either of them....

Flintoffs only scoring 6's because McGrath isnt playing? Why, is he too scared to smack them when McGrath is incase he gets told off? or does McGrath bowl every single ball in the match?

If your complaingin your behind because your only decent seamer is out, then get a better squad, simple really, its no excuse..... Sure you'll probably still win the ashes, because in general i think you are the better squad, but whinging when someone gets an injury is just petulance. Grow up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cpr said:
Either England have bowled well, or Australia have batted poorly.... either way McGrath being in the side wouldnt have affected either of them....
Both. England's generally bowled better than Australia in this match. Both teams have played some rather ridiculous shots too. Hayden, Ponting, Warne are classic examples among the Aussies and Trescothick (twice!), Vaughan, Jones for England.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So McGrath got injured - unfortunate. Half the England team was injured on the last Ashes tour...
And if you add up their combined worth, it amounts to almost half of Mcgrath's.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
since i saw his bowling in the ODI series i picked him as england best bowler, his batting is really not consistant enough for number 6, but when he does come of it is rather spectacular i must say

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Flintoff got lucky because Mcgrath wasn't there and Gillespie is shot to pieces thesedays.

So it wasn't really V Australia. None of their other bowlers are any good except Warne.

How well did Flintoff do in the first test when Aus had their better bowling attack?
So does that mean the India in Australia series didn't happen then?

marc71178 said:
So does that mean the India in Australia series didn't happen then?
It happened, but was pretty meaningless.

It would be like England without Flintoff and Harmison.

The only difference would be that India would thrash you though if that were the case.