• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's frontline bowlers - Lord's

Which attack will take the field at Lord's?

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
If Lee is picked then it shows the selectors are letting the media get to them. Deep down they know it's a bad move, because similarly to Vaughan in ODIs, Brett is just not suited to Tests. Gillespie and Kasprowicz are far superior bowlers, and I hope the Australian selectors show the loyalty to them that the English have shown to Gough.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
tassietiger said:
If Lee is picked then it shows the selectors are letting the media get to them. Deep down they know it's a bad move, because similarly to Vaughan in ODIs, Brett is just not suited to Tests. Gillespie and Kasprowicz are far superior bowlers, and I hope the Australian selectors show the loyalty to them that the English have shown to Gough.
The difference between England and Australia is that Australia have other options. When it comes to Gough his always going to be a better option then Tremlett, Lewis or Anderson. For Vaughan the other options Solanki and Bell's record aren't any better then Vaughan.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
What do the Aussies on here think Shaun Tait's chances of getting a game are? Say Dizzy gets injured in the first Test, gets replaced by Kaspa, who has a shocker in the second Test. Would they pick Tait? Or is he only here for the experience of an Ashes tour?

From what I've seen and heard, he certainly seems to be something special to watch - apparently he's clocked around 97mph, and is "faster over long periods than Brett Lee", although his accuracy seems slightly poor. Apparently he took 8-43 in a One-Day game with 13 extras - that's incredible and rubbish at the same time! :blink:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
What do the Aussies on here think Shaun Tait's chances of getting a game are? Say Dizzy gets injured in the first Test, gets replaced by Kaspa, who has a shocker in the second Test. Would they pick Tait? Or is he only here for the experience of an Ashes tour?

From what I've seen and heard, he certainly seems to be something special to watch - apparently he's clocked around 97mph, and is "faster over long periods than Brett Lee", although his accuracy seems slightly poor. Apparently he took 8-43 in a One-Day game with 13 extras - that's incredible and rubbish at the same time! :blink:
Extensive discussion of Tait in the NWS thread, and in another one around the place you could find with a search. I'm a big fan of his, but I don't think he'll get a game barring a freak incident. Even if one of the other quicks got injured and someone had a shocker, I don't think they'd drop them unless it was 3 or 4 shocking tests in a row.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Extensive discussion of Tait in the NWS thread, and in another one around the place you could find with a search. I'm a big fan of his, but I don't think he'll get a game barring a freak incident. Even if one of the other quicks got injured and someone had a shocker, I don't think they'd drop them unless it was 3 or 4 shocking tests in a row.
Cheers. Wasn't sure exactly what the selectors thought of him. Be interesting if two quicks get injured though. I couldn't remember exactly where the other discussions were so a quick answer like yours was perfect.

King_Ponting

International Regular
steds said:
Tait, Gillespie, Kaspa and injuries to Warne, MacGill and Hogg meaning Hauritz is called up and plays would do me nicely:p
Cullen would play as the spinner in that situation

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tassietiger said:
Gillespie and Kasprowicz are far superior bowlers, and I hope the Australian selectors show the loyalty to them that the English have shown to Gough.
Can I say that I hope that gets the same results as our faith did ;)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Well i think he will be wasted if only used in short spells, by the time he creates pressure he will be taken off.
Brett Lee doesn't create pressure - he benefits from others building pressure.