• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kiwi Scores a centurie

cricket player

International Debutant
In our league NCCA This Kiwi as an all rounder picked 4 wickets and scored 121 to make his team win so I would like to congar some of the new zealanders,

Kiwis showing their talent around the world :) His name Nick S along side him playing Malcolm Nash Everton M two he might know them.

R B 4 6
Safdar A b Nick S 4 - 1 0
Ananth R b Dominic H 7 - 0 0
Sonu S lbw b Nick S 0 - 0 0
Deep Singh G c John D b Nick S 121 - 13 2
Sanjay B b Malcolm N 28 - 3 0
Shabir M c Malcolm N b Everton M 1 - 0 0
Kenny Singh V c John D b Nick S 7 - 0 1
Najam N c John D b Sher A 2 - 0 0
Ajay A b Dominic H 7 - 0 0
Sanjeev K c Paul A b Dominic H 12 - 1 1
Mallhi G not out 6 - 1 0
Extras 28
TOTAL (all out, 46.1 overs) 223

Bowling O M R W
Nick S. 8.1 1 18 4 (1w)
Ashok K. 5 1 30 0 (1w)
Paul A. 3 0 25 0 (4w)
Dominic H. 10 1 46 3
Malcolm N. 10 1 42 1 (9w)
Everton M. 5 0 26 1 (1nb 4w)
Sher A. 5 0 30 1 (1nb 1w)

Marin-I innings R B 4 6
Arif U run out 23 - 1 0
Nick S not out 123 - 14 1
Bill G c Shabir M b Sanjay B 16 - 2 1
Ozair N lbw b Kenny Singh V 23 - 1 0
Paul A not out 24 - 2 0
Extras 18
TOTAL (3 wickets, 44.1 overs) 227

DNB: Everton M., John D., Sher A., Dominic H., Malcolm N., Ashok K.

Bowling O M R W
Najam N. 8.1 1 46 0 (1w)
Sanjeev K. 6 0 18 0 (1w)
Shabir M. 5 0 27 0 (1w)
Sonu S. 10 1 39 0 (3w)
Ananth R. 2 0 22 0 (1w)
Sanjay B. 7 0 25 1 (3w)
Deep Singh G. 1 0 8 0
Kenny Singh V. 5 0 36 1 (2w)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not the same Malcolm Nash who Sobers clobbered for 6 sixes?
And is Everton M 'Everton Mint', a type of toffee? He'd be useful on a sticky wicket.

cricket player

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Not the same Malcolm Nash who Sobers clobbered for 6 sixes?
And is Everton M 'Everton Mint', a type of toffee? He'd be useful on a sticky wicket.
yes he is the Malcolm Nash who got hit sixe 6s and he is my coach
and yes the other one is the zimbabwean player everton cant speel his name :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nick S?

Imagine the merciless teasing he would have had at school for having the shortest last name in the class.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You nearly got me into a lot of trouble at the office as I laughed out loud (literally) to that one, Voltman. :@

Ah, I can't say mad at you. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricket player said:
Tell him that Lucky Eddie watched it live (Glamorgan v Nottinghamshire was broadcast live on the television by BBC Wales) - and he thinks it was very brave of him to continue trying to dismiss Sobers as opposed to just firing one down the leg side or slipping in the yorker.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
You nearly got me into a lot of trouble at the office as I laughed out loud (literally) to that one, Voltman. :@

Ah, I can't say mad at you. :D
I was also thinking - imagine if he had a bad match, I can see the headlines now:

Nick S caught with his pants down

(say it slowly)

cricket player

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Tell him that Lucky Eddie watched it live (Glamorgan v Nottinghamshire was broadcast live on the television by BBC Wales) - and he thinks it was very brave of him to continue trying to dismiss Sobers as opposed to just firing one down the leg side or slipping in the yorker.
I will lucky,,

When i met him he was so fast to say that he was 6 sixes by gary sobers hahah :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricket player said:
I will lucky,,

When i met him he was so fast to say that he was 6 sixes by gary sobers hahah :p
I expect he has been interviewed about it time after time, but if he fancies going over it one more time for CricketWeb, he can always email me at eddie dot sanders at cricketweb dot net. I'd be extremely grateful....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Voltman said:
I was also thinking - imagine if he had a bad match, I can see the headlines now:

Nick S caught with his pants down

(say it slowly)
But that would only mean he was near the crime. He wasn't the one with his pants down :p

But in all honesty, his surname is to names as what Mahendra Nagamootoo's approach is to run-ups.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
I expect he has been interviewed about it time after time, but if he fancies going over it one more time for CricketWeb, he can always email me at eddie dot sanders at cricketweb dot net. I'd be extremely grateful....
Didn't he come off the ground smiling, saying "I'm in cricket history for ever" or something? :blink:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks.

I've copied the email address - I suggest you go back and delete it from the message now or he might get spammed.

Chubb

International Regular
cricket player said:
That's probably Everton Matambanadzo! He emigrated to the US a while back, played a few internationals for the Zimboks, his brother's called Darlington but he's not as good as Everton was. His bowling stats:

Logan Cup: 52 wkts @ 42
Faithwear OD: 30 wkts @ 23
Tests: 4 wkts @ 62
ODIs: 11 wkts @ 19

You can see there that he was quite a promising player, maybe better at OD than longer forms.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks, C_P - I have emailed Malcolm Nash with my memories (bet there's no-one else here who saw the drama unfold, albeit on grainy 405 lines/inch Wales TV) and will keep you informed of any further developments (no ducks involved in this one, although I'm sure DD's itching to say something)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Thanks, C_P - I have emailed Malcolm Nash with my memories (bet there's no-one else here who saw the drama unfold
I saw the 6 balls in black white some time back on tv. Sadly missed you in the stands!