• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CricketWeb Selectors

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Aight boys and girls, listen up, and listen up good.

Cricketweb has been chosen to pick a max of THREE and only three people who support a particular country, and those people will be the National Selectors. Nominate who you think should be the three people should be. Choose these people based on how you think their knowledge of cricket is and their openess and non-bias.

For India I could only think of two: SJS and Sangrah.

Pakistan: Beleg easily.

West Indies: Liam, Don and Xavier.

SA: Lang.

Eng: Neil, Marc and Richard... for pure hilarity.

King_Ponting

International Regular
if your nominating richard for ENG might as well nominate TEC for india...... 8-)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
For NZ - Tim, ANZAC and Voltman.

For Australia - Son of Coco, Archie Mac, Nnanden :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to be selector or coach of NZ- they're a lot more flexible and the opposition would be a lot less.

masterblaster

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Aight boys and girls, listen up, and listen up good.

Cricketweb has been chosen to pick a max of THREE and only three people who support a particular country, and those people will be the National Selectors. Nominate who you think should be the three people should be. Choose these people based on how you think their knowledge of cricket is and their openess and non-bias.

For India I could only think of two: SJS and Sangrah.

Pakistan: Beleg easily.

West Indies: Liam, Don and Xavier.

SA: Lang.

Eng: Neil, Marc and Richard... for pure hilarity.
I'm honoured Nath, I'm honoured.

:D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
For NZ - Tim, ANZAC and Voltman.

For Australia - Son of Coco, Archie Mac, Nnanden :D
Thanks Jason
Q1 How much do I get paid?
Q2 Do I get to come to the Ashes?
Q3 Can I select myself to open?

masterblaster

International Captain
age_master said:
him living in melbourne would ses the non bias thing sorted
Thanks Andrew, yeah I've got nothing to do with the petty bickering and politics that goes on in Indian Cricket, and I dont give a damn about favouritism either. I'd love to be able to do the job and have my say on the state of this Indian side, and being an Australian Citizen and resident I think that should keep me away from the whole bias of it.

Once again, I'm thrilled my name even got a mention :D

Thanks for not forgetting me!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good thread.

Aus - Mister Wright (bad luck Brad Hodge), FaaipDeOiad, Top_Cat (not that I really think I've heard him speak out about his selections, but he's just got a wise head).

Eng - Marc71178, badgerhair. I can't pick Richard, because he'd just plain refuse to select players that he didn't rate, and probably couldn't find 11 that please him in the land, so we'd just end up with the Poms forfeiting. That's no fun...

India - honestbharani, Arjun (his outside the square thoughts would help, he'd still get outvoted much of the time, but others his point of view would be looked at and benefit the selection panel), masterblaster

South Africa - Langeveldt, Richard (looks like a return to colonial rule in South Africa :p ), Marius

Pak - Beleg, C_C (seems to have a pretty good knowledge of all cricket, and more of Pakistan than most others here)

Sri Lanka - JASON, chaminda_00, dinu_23

New Zealand - zinzan (lucky Flintoff isn't Kiwi), Tim, Voltman (he can also double as the mascot :happy: )

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
(his outside the square thoughts would help, he'd still get outvoted much of the time, but others his point of view would be looked at and benefit the selection panel)
That's why I would like to coach NZ instead. I have no problems with most selections (save the so-called wicketkeepers and the odd Paul Hitchcock clones) and I can apply my plans well on any team.