• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'No Negativity' / 'Good karma' thread

Swervy

International Captain
I started one of these types of threads off on another sports site..did the place a world of good...its really nice to just be positive about people, players , teams, games etc

Rules are you just have to be positive in a genuine way about something cricket related, or forum related.....and no-one is allowed to argue against your point, coz that would just be negative

Despite being a Lancashire fan, I was really impressed with young Bresnan for Yorkshire the other week at Headingley

I have a high level of admiration for Richards thick skinned appraoch to life on this forum

I actually dont hate Ganguly anywhere near as much as I have stated previously

I really hope England give Australia a run for their money this Ashes series

I do see a time when B'desh will start competing in international cricket

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I really admire most New Zealanders on this forum who discuss cricket very well

I am glad some good test cricket with Pakistan vs Windies and England vs Australia is coming up

I like watching Salman Butt Kaneria play and look forward to seeing them more in the upcoming test series

This thread is cool :afro:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great Idea, i do get annoyed by some of the negativitty that creeps into every thread.

I've been impressed with Bilal Shafayat's start to the season.

I too am a fan of Tim 'Geoff' Bresnan.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
I do see a time when B'desh will start competing in international cricket

as do i, it will take time for the infrastructure to build up and the young guns to start coming through that but i definatley think they will be competitive in the future.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I apprectiate the dedication to debate and love for cricket that C_C, Richard and TEC have, even when I disagree with them about specific issues.

I like Bangladesh as a team and would love to see them do well in the future, and I believe they eventually will.

I like England as well, and would love to see a close Ashes series, and would love to see Strauss and Flintoff in particular do well.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I can see where Richard is coming from most of the time, 'cos I'm exactly the same as him when it comes to talking about football (soccer) so I can relate!

I'm a big fan of both Tim Bresnan and Bilal Shafayat, and I also think Ian Bell is the best young batsman England have had in a long while, definite FEC.

I know a 16-year-old by the name of Michael Quest who is going on Sussex U19's winter tour this year, a fast-bowling all-rounder of real top quality. I was netting with him yesterday and take it from me, this guy will go a long way given the right opportunities.

I think Andrew Flintoff's eventual emergence as a world-class all-rounder is the best thing to happen to English cricket in years. I also think he's an absolute legend - just got his name on the back of an England ODI shirt.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I have never seen 'Geoff' Bresnan bowl, but two fantastic Lancashire fans rate him, I'm sure I'd be impressed

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Will Jefferson/ AN Cook/ IR bell are taking over.

I am starting to like Rikki Clarke......as a Surrey player of course

Shaun Tait has a yorker to die for. It is better than Akhtar's brilliant one

Shahid Afridi is also taking over, he is the man

After 2 seasons of county cricket , James Anderson is going to be a world beater.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great idea for a thread.

Like everyone, I hope the Ashes series is competitive and provides us with entertaining and a high standard of cricket.

I'm hoping that along with Ian Chappel taking over as Indian coach, that the Indian team can get back on track and improve greatly in the next season.

I think Mohammad Kaif has the ability in the next 3-4 years to become one of the premier batsman in world cricket. I feel he's often underappreciated by Indian cricket as a whole (team, selectors, fans) but believe that his day will come soon.

I strongly believe that next season Sachin will start scoring very well, even if he doesn't get back to his 'best'.

And despite the fall in the quality of bowling and the increased amount of batsman friendly pitches that everyone seems to complain about (justified most of the time), I still think we're often privileged to see some brilliant batsman of recent times strut their stuff. The emergence of Dravid, Ponting and Kallis in the past 3 years to accompany Sachin and Lara has been great for cricket and awesome to watch.

I hope Strauss goes on to become one of the best batsman in the world, and believe he can have a decent Ashes series. A ton against Austrlalia, even in a losing cause, would be great for the man.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think Jacques Kallis is the second best all rounder of all time
Despite all that I've said on him, it was nice to see Murali bowl live today

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
The Pakistan v West Indies match right now is actually quite exciting :)
On the positivity vibe: Afridi actually turned a leg-break! Pretty sharply too, about a foot and a half! Perhaps cricinfo should remove the inverted commas from Leg Break in his bio! :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
On the positivity vibe: Afridi actually turned a leg-break! Pretty sharply too, about a foot and a half! Perhaps cricinfo should remove the inverted commas from Leg Break in his bio! :D
There's a fine line between positivity and sarcasm, it appears ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
There's a fine line between positivity and sarcasm, it appears ;)
Sarcasm?! The very idea. I'm just sending positivity & good vibes to all. ;)

Er, peace out.

Or Something! :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would like to see the Windies actually compete against Pakistan in the Test series. I still don't think Pakistan are as talented in the test version as they are in the ODI version. I hope to see a very competitive Ashes series this year and I hope to see the Aussies being given a run for their money more often, thus pushing even the Aussie players to see how much better they can actually get.

Swervy

International Captain
honestbharani said:
I would like to see the Windies actually compete against Pakistan in the Test series. I still don't think Pakistan are as talented in the test version as they are in the ODI version. I hope to see a very competitive Ashes series this year and I hope to see the Aussies being given a run for their money more often, thus pushing even the Aussie players to see how much better they can actually get.
a hint of negativity there :D