• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Comment of the week!

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Post wot u think is the best comment of th week then on sunday every1 can decide, or u can just post ur best comments and we can giggle at them....from this site from another site woteva floats ur boats dudes!
have fun

mofo123

U19 12th Man
sledger said:
erm....

"does god want woodness or the choice of goodness?"
lol nice1

this one particularly tickled me
"Imagine if you got him on a triple word score in Scrabble."
David Lloyd, the Sky Sports commentator, thinks of a use for all five first names of Chaminda Vaas

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
"Cricket civilizes people and creates good gentlemen I want everyone to play cricket... I want ours to be a nation of gentlemen"

who said this?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mofo123 said:
lol nice1

this one particularly tickled me
"Imagine if you got him on a triple word score in Scrabble."
David Lloyd, the Sky Sports commentator, thinks of a use for all five first names of Chaminda Vaas
Hmm normally I can't stand David Lloyd but since he referred to Scrabble he's become almost tolerable. My best comment of the week would go to any well put way of telling the 2 halfwits who've took over stickied Ashes thread to shut up. If one of the mods said they'd banned them for a week that'd be even better.

As for "Cricket civilizes people and creates good gentlemen I want everyone to play cricket... I want ours to be a nation of gentlemen", it sounds like something Churchill might possibly come up with. But if it's something from this week then it obviously ain't him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
"Cricket civilizes people and creates good gentlemen I want everyone to play cricket... I want ours to be a nation of gentlemen"

who said this?
David Ben Gurion? I've a vague recollection that one of the founding fathers of Zionism was a big cricket fan & he's first one I thought of.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:

who said this?
Robert Mugabe! :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
“Test cricket these days is as absorbing and exciting as it has ever been. Its idiosyncrasies, its subtleties, its ability to surprise and startle, its capacity to reveal character: these are the qualities that make cricket unlike any other field sport, and though its leisurely pace might seem anachronistic to many who are befuddled by it, it is what makes cricket the game that it is."

From my suprisingly poetic Club Captain Mike Tsesmelis

Deja moo

International Captain
"The best piece of advice I ever got was from my caddy. He said, "When in doubt, punt". I have absolutely no idea what that means, but it sure never fails to inspire me."