• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did Marto edge that ball? :-O

Surely not... not one appeal? I know it happened in the last Ashes with Harmison to Steve Waugh, but not again!

Slow Love™

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Who thinks Australia has any chance ?
I don't, really. There's a small chance, but given how hectic things have been in this session, we've been very, very lucky, and I wouldn't expect that to continue.

It really helped that England didn't appeal for that obvious caught-behind from Martyn, though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Did Marto edge that ball? :-O

Surely not... not one appeal? I know it happened in the last Ashes with Harmison to Steve Waugh, but not again!
It appears so. The slow-mo replay showed some deviation off the bat. It is uncanny for it to happen twice in two series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
King_Ponting said:
Explain? what happened, my sbs reception momentarily ****d itself.
Snicko shows a previous ball by Simon Jones may have been edged by Martyn. No English players appealed. Similar to Harmison to S Waugh last Ashes series.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent comparison to Border there from Richie. I remember him letting someone (Curtley, I think) hit him like that twice in a row. Couldn't play it comfortably, so he just turned around and took it.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Who thinks Australia has any chance ?
Me... If we can get to lunch only 2 down.

Then add 120 next session (highly probably and lose just one wicket or less) then we have the right to promote Gilchrist up the order and if he gets going it's definately game on.

we have more of a chance of winning this than we did the second test.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
Me... If we can get to lunch only 2 down.

Then add 120 next session (highly probably and lose just one wicket or less) then we have the right to promote Gilchrist up the order and if he gets going it's definately game on.

we have more of a chance of winning this than we did the second test.
Yeah, they just need to coast at around 3.5-4 an over and then get Gilly in, and you never know