• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rod Marsh for Proteas Coach?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Seen the rumour in cricinfo

Here

That would be cool, but lets hope he doesn't rub any of our "personalities" up the wrong way, his winners attitude should go down well methinks..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I guess it all depends on if SA have anything between saying goodbye to Ray and September when Rod becomes available.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If Rod Marsh doesn't go to SA , I would love it if the disorganised, chaotic Sri Lankan cricket Board can get their act together and make him an offer he can't refuse !!

Because ATM, I don't see SL making much improvement under John Dyson !! Rod Marsh has one of the greatest cricketing brains around and available to coach apart from (the other wicket keeper turned coach) Steve Rixon, IMO.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
If Rod Marsh doesn't go to SA , I would love it if the disorganised, chaotic Sri Lankan cricket Board can get their act together and make him an offer he can't refuse !!

Because ATM, I don't see SL making much improvement under John Dyson !! Rod Marsh has one of the greatest cricketing brains around and available to coach apart from (the other wicket keeper turned coach) Steve Rixon, IMO.
Dyson goes

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/APR/234312_SL_17APR2005.html

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
While I appreciate the efforts of Dyson, I don't think SL gained much during his coaching stint !!
Dav Whatmore is a great coach, but Sri Lanka already has had 6 years with Whatmore, and I am not sure if he would be the right person for a third term with the same Team again.

I personally would love any of Rod Marsh , Steve Rixon or Greg Chappell or even Jeff Thompson (because of his similarity to the slinger Malinga and his added benefit in an area where SL has definite weakness - Pace Bowling ) to be the next coach .

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
While I appreciate the efforts of Dyson, I don't think SL gained much during his coaching stint !!
Dav Whatmore is a great coach, but Sri Lanka already has had 6 years with Whatmore, and I am not sure if he would be the right person for a third term with the same Team again.

I personally would love any of Rod Marsh , Steve Rixon or Greg Chappell or even Jeff Thompson (because of his similarity to the slinger Malinga and his added benefit in an area where SL has definite weakness - Pace Bowling ) to be the next coach .
I think Steve Waugh would be a good option if we can afford him.

Jeff Thomson maybe as a fast bowling coach, but the guy doesn't have much cricket brain, compared to Greg Chappell, Marsh, Rixon and Steve Waugh.

TB wouldn't be a bad option if we can get him away from NSW, get a brilliant job with a below par side. i wonder what he could so with the talent we have in Sri Lanka