• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring test series

Which is the most boring test series ever to watch??

• England Vs West Indies

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • India Vs Srilanka

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • New Zealand Vs West Indies

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • England Vs South africa

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • New zealand vs South africa

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Srilanka Vs West Indies

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
England Vs West Indies
England Vs South africa
Srilanka Vs New zealand
India Vs Srilanka
West Indies Vs Srilanka
New Zealand Vs West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
neutralguy said:
England Vs West Indies
England Vs South africa
Srilanka Vs New zealand
India Vs Srilanka
West Indies Vs Srilanka
New Zealand Vs West Indies
Ever heard of dates?

The England tour of the West Indies last year was hardly boring, whichever side you were on! The West Indies was soundly beaten, but all the Tests had something in for both teams to a point. Some fine cricket was played in that series. That said, some poor cricket also was on display.

You are insane if you think the most recent England v South Africa series were boring. I don't think I have to state anything other than your insanity.

Granted that the last West Indies tour of Sri Lanka series was quite lopsided, but Brian Lara fans surely enjoyed it. When Sri Lanka last toured here, it was a very keen contest.

The last time New Zealand came to the West Indies some good cricket was played. Good contest.

I am very keen to learn of what you consider exciting cricket...

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ever heard of dates?

The England tour of the West Indies last year was hardly boring, whichever side you were on! The West Indies was soundly beaten, but all the Tests had something in for both teams to a point. Some fine cricket was played in that series. That said, some poor cricket also was on display.

You are insane if you think the most recent England v South Africa series were boring. I don't think I have to state anything other than your insanity.

Granted that the last West Indies tour of Sri Lanka series was quite lopsided, but Brian Lara fans surely enjoyed it. When Sri Lanka last toured here, it was a very keen contest.

The last time New Zealand came to the West Indies some good cricket was played. Good contest.

I am very keen to learn of what you consider exciting cricket...
Your reply says that you are a asinine guy.You say that all the matches are exciting as well as boring.Looks like you have to be somewhere else.IF you do not like the post do not criticize a person.Rather do not post your reply.Everybody has freedom here to say what they want. By the way who cares if brian lara fans alone enjoys the match or not.
Anyways getting back to cricket i havent put zimbabwe and bangla matches as everybody knows they are too boring.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
neutralguy said:
Your reply says that you are a asinine guy.You say that all the matches are exciting as well as boring.Looks like you have to be somewhere else.IF you do not like the post do not criticize a person.Rather do not post your reply.Everybody has freedom here to say what they want. By the way who cares if brian lara fans alone enjoys the match or not.
Anyways getting back to cricket i havent put zimbabwe and bangla matches as everybody knows they are too boring.
No one can really comment on the series unless u put up dates, i have no idea what series u are tallking about

Mr Mxyzptlk

neutralguy said:
What are you on about?

I stated why, in my opinion, the series you label as boring are not. The forum is for discussion and part of that is healthy argument. When did I criticize "the person" or overstep any boundaries of discussion? Did I call you asinine?

You said it: "Everybody has freedom here to say what they want" and then you proceed to tell me off for posting. Don't get all defensive for no reason at all. It reflects as a lack of maturity.

Time to take a chill pill maaan.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Dont you think you are making attack on a person here.And you cant disguise yourself as nice person in this forum by making above statements.Dont you??

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Prince EWS said:
Ive never seen a more contradictory pair of "sentences" next to each other before in my life!
hello Mr.Prince.the sentences reads as follows"IF you do not like the post do not criticize a person.Rather do not post your reply.Everybody has freedom here to say what they want" and not just "do not post your reply.Everybody has freedom here to say what they want".Just giving half a sentence doesnt make what you say is correct.Talking of english eh.,

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Prince EWS said:
Ive never seen a more contradictory pair of "sentences" next to each other before in my life!
And he has the nerves to correct other people's grammar. 8-)

The most boring is probably Zimbabwe vs West Indies...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
one that struck me as boring was the last aus vs wi series over in the caribbean, where the pitches were so slow and low that the bowlers had little or no chance to show their worth. except for the last match with the windies chase.

Mr Mxyzptlk

neutralguy said:
Dont you think you are making attack on a person here.And you cant disguise yourself as nice person in this forum by making above statements.Dont you??
Is insanity an insult? I thought asinine was rather more so. Hypocrisy...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Duncan said:
The most boring is probably Zimbabwe vs West Indies...
Once more I beg to differ. Did you see the last series between the two teams? Admittedly the West Indies made it harder than it should have been, but the series was hardly boring.

Mr Mxyzptlk

howardj said:
Aust v WI in 2000/2001 was quite shocking
I can agree with that, except for the last Test. I say this not because the West Indies won, but because it was the only close match of the series.

psxpro

Banned
india vs srilanka. usually sub pitches favouring batting and boring matches.

The most exciting Was NZ cs india in NZ in 2003. Pitch with life for bowlers

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
My vote is the last series between India and New Zealand on Indian soil. I don't think any test series is universally boring, but you can't get much worse than two tame draws on dead flat pitches.