• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hansie Cronje movie

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
So boxing is down to mainly to strength?
I mean, I don't know much about it, but the way I understand strength is a relatively secondary matter.
well ok..punching power,which is surely related to strength in some way....

obviously the ability to take a hit as well..but again a lot of that is to do with strength as well

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, but it's much more to do with speed and sleight of hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder... and far more to do with disguise and skill.
The way I understand it a skilled boxer of no weight will defeat an unskilled one any day.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Yes, but it's much more to do with speed and sleight of hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder... and far more to do with disguise and skill.
depends on what type of boxer you are...plenty of boxers have succeeded through sheer power

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
Sweet Jesus....you are perfectly happy to hit females now (whether or not they hit you is irrelevent)
This goes back to the old thinking before posting idea that I was apparently wrong to highlight.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
well maybe I am just an old fashioned fuddy duddy who just beleives its wrong to hit a woman, whatever the circumstances..and for that I dont need to justify myself
No, it's just Richard challenging convention again (!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
You are indeed an old-fashioned fuddy-duddy (or similar) who supports an illicit and nonsensical notion just because "that's the way they taught me".
But of course no logical debunktion will have the slightest impact.
I cannot believe you're continuing to argue...

C_C

International Captain
I agree with Richard here(wonders never cease!). If a woman tries to assualt me, she is fair game. period. Infact i did clock a street tramp once who pulled a knife on me and tried to stab me......

All you blokes who go high and mighty on chauvinism or ***ism dont realise that it is ***ist to have prefferential treatment of either ***es in a matter of assault.
And women cant fight as good as men is a popular myth. Go to some marshall arts classes and you will see that the top ace is more often a girl than a guy...this is because women have more flexibility and a trained girl will just plant her boot on your face just as easily as you'd roundhouse her.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
C_C said:
I agree with Richard here(wonders never cease!). If a woman tries to assualt me, she is fair game. period. Infact i have did clock a street tramp once who pulled a knife on me and tried to stab me......

OK CC..that was life preserving self defense.

that is completely differenet to this:
'Well I'm don't find it unthinkably disraceful to hit females if they hit me, yes.
If a convention strikes me as inappropriate, I'm happy to defy it.'

Richards appears to be more an act of revenge,thats what I find terrible

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
iv heard they makin a film in india about cricket with kapil dev in it itl be interedting to see

Kapil Dev in Bollywood
12th Mar 2005 10.22 IST
By Agencies

Cricket legend Kapil Dev is all set to make a debut in Bollywood with a role to play himself in a film on cricket to be produced by showman Subhash Ghai.

"It is very gracious of Kapil Dev to act in our film. He (Kapil) was moved by the inspiring story of the boy in the film who aspires to be a part of the Indian cricket team inspite of all the hurdles that come in his way," Ghai said in a release by Mukta Arts, his home banner, in Mumbai on Friday.

Kapil accepted to be part of the film after hearing the script narrated by Ghai, the release said.

The movie, tentatively named `Iqbal', is a story of a young boy who dreams of being a part of the Indian Cricket team and conquers all the obstacles that come in his way of achieving his dream.

Nagesh Kuknoor of `Hyderabad Blues' fame, will direct the film, slated for release in June, while Naseeruddin Shah, Girish Karnad, Shweta Prasad would feature in the film along with the protagonist played by Shreyas Talpade, the release added.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hate to contribute to an already off-topic thread, in CC nonetheless, but i have to say something. First of all, I believe violence should and generally can be avoided in all situations. A man beating his helpless wife is unacceptable. A man hitting a woman after she has hit him is acceptable. A woman can't expect to kick, slap or punch someone else and not experience some retaliation. I get quite annoyed with all these things guys are meant to do for girls (letting ladies go first, having to pay for them [unless one earns considerably more than the other], etc.). In today's world of supposed equality, both ***es need to be treated fairly and equally. And as for girls actually fighting, I know quite a few girls at school that could probably give me a good run for my money in a fight.

And to steer this thread back on topic, I doubt it would be a Hollywood production, which is a pity because I'd like to be able to watch it, and it'd be hard to actually get my hands on a copy if it's not. And I was quite oblivious as to what was going on at the time-- what was Gibbs' reason for his involvement?

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
andyc said:
I hate to contribute to an already off-topic thread, in CC nonetheless, but i have to say something. First of all, I believe violence should and generally can be avoided in all situations. A man beating his helpless wife is unacceptable. A man hitting a woman after she has hit him is acceptable. A woman can't expect to kick, slap or punch someone else and not experience some retaliation. I get quite annoyed with all these things guys are meant to do for girls (letting ladies go first, having to pay for them [unless one earns considerably more than the other], etc.). In today's world of supposed equality, both ***es need to be treated fairly and equally. And as for girls actually fighting, I know quite a few girls at school that could probably give me a good run for my money in a fight.
TBH I dont really want to get into this again...but...

Obviously I have a different way of looking at these types of things. Self defense..fair enough...An act of revenge for a woman hitting you..well out of order. My opinion, and I am quite shocked that no-one else has backed me up on that one.

Back to the cricket...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No, it's just Richard challenging convention again (!)
Not simply for the sake of it, it's not.
It's me standing-up for something I believe in - very firmly, far more than anything in a mere cricket match.