• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen exonerated(?)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Isolator said:
Pratyush and I, brothers in our hatred towards Pietersen. But Nel, no. He has redeemed himself by his hostility towards the aforementioned personage.
Nel has shown himself to be a quitened guy in recent months.. No danger of that with Kevvy P.. I hope the Centurion fans havent set a precedent by accepting him, still by the time he comes back I'll be in the position to lay into him personally...

Im offended you haven't included me on the roster of hatred..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fiery said:
Now that's a more well disguised whine :D
Can I take this opportunity to rub it in by speculating on what might have happened to you guys if Pietersen hadn't decided to switch sides.
England would have still lost. Test series are remembered for years, ODI series for days (unless you're a casual fan, in which case you probably don't bother with Test cricket and you probably go to England friendlies against Holland). England can muck about in as many ODI series as they like if it contributes to more Test wins and a stronger squad for the World Cup.

Swervy

International Captain
KP= above average player
Nel=average player

for me,KP can afford a bit of arrogance, its how he plays, and he succeeds.
Nel...this is where arrogance tips over into foolishness.Average players like this look silly..and he looks silly pretty much all of the time

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He gets into the skin of every South African fan. Not liked in general. And the interview he gave cricinfo was just not on. Australians boo players so often but not much ill will is there. When a player like Laxman or Tendulkar performs on their soil, the appreciate the champion. Pieterson is young accepted. But he showed a lot of immaturiy by blaming South Africans when he was booed in a tour match. Had he shut up and just let his bat perform, no one would have minded as much. If at all, he wuold have gained a lot of respect of the fans.

but he did let his bat perform...and some, and he got the grudging respect of a standing ovation in the last match

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
but he did let his bat perform...and some, and he got the grudging respect of a standing ovation in the last match
They were all standing up so they could get a better view of the hotties on Castle Hill

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
Hey, what's happened to your rugby team by the way? I mean Wales!...please. Little Johnny not there to kick you out of trouble, eh.
Meh, Rugby Union! Nobody cares...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Fiery said:
I bet you celebrated all night when England, or should I say Johnny Wilkinson, won the World Cup (somehow)
I said "yey". The high lasted around a minute, if that. Contrast that to the ECFC-based highs of January and December which lasted weeks at a time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I was watching it at college...

My "colleagues" decided to pick up a sofa and ram it straight through a wall... We then threw it out of the fourth storie balcony.. Not sure why the elation bought about destroying something...

Biggest sporting cheer of my lifetime was

SB O'Connor - lbw AA Donald - Bloemfontein

Absolutely electric..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Nel has shown himself to be a quitened guy in recent months.. No danger of that with Kevvy P.. I hope the Centurion fans havent set a precedent by accepting him, still by the time he comes back I'll be in the position to lay into him personally...

Im offended you haven't included me on the roster of hatred..
Recent months?? Up until the second innings of his return Test he was being an ahole.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Recent months?? Up until the second innings of his return Test he was being an ahole.
Okay, second innings of his return test liam :)

What sets him aside from KP is the improvement...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pratyush said:
Pieterson is young accepted. But he showed a lot of immaturiy by blaming South Africans when he was booed in a tour match.

Had he shut up and just let his bat perform, no one would have minded as much. If at all, he wuold have gained a lot of respect of the fans.
1. I doubt he would have been treated any less throughout the series even if he had not said a thing. Some people are just sour like that.
2. I dare say he did gain some respect from South African fans by the completion of his final innings.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langeveldt said:

Yet Andre Nel has been called up and recalled and whatnot. It's not right to make judgements on Kevin Pietersen after 3 or so weeks of international cricket. Shudder to think he may "improve" too?

At the very least he doesn't go about giving lip on the field.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
I bet you celebrated all night when England, or should I say Johnny Wilkinson, won the World Cup (somehow)
nah...I was pleased that an England team had actually won something, but that was it.

The biggest sporting moment of my lifetime was last years Challenge cup final (the good version of rugby), when the mighty Saints beat that Wigan scum, closely followed by St. Helens beating Brisbane Broncos to become 2001 World Club Champions, and then all 4 of their Superleague wins bringing up the rear :D :happy:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:

I'd suggest that KP's series against Zimbabwe(1 fifty) followed by the South Africa series(3 hundreds and 1 fifty) suggest HUGE improvement :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1. I doubt he would have been treated any less throughout the series even if he had not said a thing. Some people are just sour like that.
2. I dare say he did gain some respect from South African fans by the completion of his final innings.
1. There are two South Africans in the French Rugby team, who as far as I know didn't do anything to p*ss anyone back home off with comments made after they left... I don't know of a bad word spoken against them by any South African since.. Helps to keep the mouth shut..

2. The only respect will be a purely cricketing based respect..