• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen exonerated(?)

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
They out-number us by about 10 to 1. Is that Terry Alderman being belted over the long-on fence by Botham?
Course it is, you know us englishmen, living in the past! :D

Fiery

Banned
Just checked on Cricinfo. It was the 3rd test in Leeds that he scored 149 not out I confused it with. The Old Trafford Test he made 118.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Yeah was the following on one where him and dilley went mad, then willis went mad too. :D
I remember it. I was on holiday in Australia at the time aged 10. About 4 months earlier some Aussie swine instructed his brother to bowl underarm and I fell madly in love with the game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I havent watched this guy bat and I dont care how he plays his cricket. He is INFURIATING to say the least.

The Andre Nel of England.

Boooooooooooooooooo to Pieterson.

Fiery

Banned
Pratyush said:
I havent watched this guy bat and I dont care how he plays his cricket. He is INFURIATING to say the least.

What infuriates you so much, Pratyush?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:

Why Pratyush ???

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
G'night Fiery.

Looks like Pratyush has left for the day and I am leaving too.

We will have to wait till the morrow to find out what Pieterson has done to offend Pratyush so !! .

Fiery

Banned
SJS said:
G'night Fiery.

Looks like Pratyush has left for the day and I am leaving too.

We will have to wait till the morrow to find out what Pieterson has done to offend Pratyush so !! .
Goodnight SJS. I hope Pratyush manages to get some sleep.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
Goodnight SJS. I hope Pratyush manages to get some sleep.
The way he was going around with his booo booo, I hope pieterson gets some sleep tonight :p

Fiery

Banned
SJS said:
The way he was going around with his booo booo, I hope pieterson gets some sleep tonight :p
500 runs in 9 games. I would say he'll be quite content and sleeping like a baby at the moment despite all the abuse he has copped in Africa. Good on him I say. I might think differently if he was a kiwi playing for England.

I wonder what Andy Caddick's up to these days...the bloody turncoat

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're welcome to Caddick. It does amuse me the way people clutch at straws with the relatively meaningless ODI series that England lost. I can just imagine Australia being delighted if they win the triangular tournament with England and Bangladesh and then lose The Ashes. ODI series truly are the international friendlies of the cricket World.

Fiery

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
You're welcome to Caddick. It does amuse me the way people clutch at straws with the relatively meaningless ODI series that England lost. I can just imagine Australia being delighted if they win the triangular tournament with England and Bangladesh and then lose The Ashes. ODI series truly are the international friendlies of the cricket World.
( :baby: That's just something that people who have just lost a one-day series say. I was just trying to be facetious regarding Caddick. We never wanted him and he wouldn't have made it into our side which is why he went to England in the first place. :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
( :baby: That's just something that people who have just lost a one-day series say. I was just trying to be facetious regarding Caddick. We never wanted him and he wouldn't have made it into our side which is why he went to England in the first place. :D
Seriously though i think the aussies would react as SP says. Tests first, then ODI's. That's not a whine from a bad loser. :D

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Seriously though i think the aussies would react as SP says. Tests first, then ODI's. That's not a whine from a bad loser. :D
Now that's a more well disguised whine :D
Can I take this opportunity to rub it in by speculating on what might have happened to you guys if Pietersen hadn't decided to switch sides.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Pratyush and I, brothers in our hatred towards Pietersen. But Nel, no. He has redeemed himself by his hostility towards the aforementioned personage.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Now that's a more well disguised whine :D
Can I take this opportunity to rub it in by speculating on what might have happened to you guys if Pietersen hadn't decided to switch sides.
We'd have lost very very badly, but that's life!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
Why Pratyush ???
He gets into the skin of every South African fan. Not liked in general. And the interview he gave cricinfo was just not on.

Australians boo players so often but not much ill will is there. When a player like Laxman or Tendulkar performs on their soil, the appreciate the champion.

Pieterson is young accepted. But he showed a lot of immaturiy by blaming South Africans when he was booed in a tour match.

Had he shut up and just let his bat perform, no one would have minded as much. If at all, he wuold have gained a lot of respect of the fans.