• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spin-backed India can whitewash Shoaib-less Pakistan: Sarfraz

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i don't think that searing pace will worry any of the indians on those pitches, especially during the feb/march period. it is the workhorse bowling, much like mcgrath, gillespie and kaspa of australia, that rao and rana can provide, that will allow pakistan to get wickets if they bowl consistently enough.

vic_orthdox said:
i don't think that searing pace will worry any of the indians on those pitches, especially during the feb/march period. it is the workhorse bowling, much like mcgrath, gillespie and kaspa of australia, that rao and rana can provide, that will allow pakistan to get wickets if they bowl consistently enough.
The bowlers you mentioned will get Pak 20 Indian wkts in 3 test matches!!!

McGrath and Gillespie are class bowler just like Pathan and Pollock. Rana and Rao are rookies (atleast the latter is) who have neither the class nor the experiance to trouble the finest batsman on planet Earth!

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
i think we will win the series regardless or whether akhtar plays or not.....i don't really see the indian bowlers troubling us much with the exception of perhaps irfan pathan...and i don't find their batsmen remotely frightnening either...

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Rao and Rana won't even play in test matches now that sami and shoiab are back with shahid nazir who will get picked due to performances in the domestic cricket

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
sledger said:
i think whether or not pakistan have akhtar is irrelevant to the fact that india can whitewash pakistan regardless of akhtar, if pakistan have no akhtar then india will be more than capable of whitewashing pakistan, however even if pakistan do have him then india are still capable of doing so. However the fact that they are capable of this feat does not neccesarily mean that they will achieve it....
That's cleared that up then!

Nonentity said:
i think we will win the series regardless or whether akhtar plays or not.....i don't really see the indian bowlers troubling us much with the exception of perhaps irfan pathan...and i don't find their batsmen remotely frightnening either...
Then you obviously haven't seen or heard of Kumble and Harb. They can run through Pak batting order with ease.

And facing Indian batsman is something that would be very difficult for Pakistani bowlers, i can promise you that!

Nonentity said:
i think we will win the series regardless or whether akhtar plays or not.....

That got to be joke of the century:gora:

I would say that the only thing Inzi is capable of winning in India is toss!

Seriously Pak don't stand a chance, especially since now the chances of Akhtar playing the series looks very dim. Without Akhtar,Shabbir and Saqlain Pakistani bowling lineup would be very weak, probably the weakest bowling Pak team that ever toured India!

Last edited:

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Nonentity said:
guess sehwag's 309 and dravid 270 werent frightening then?

oh - and if kumble and harbhajjan can nip 27 and 21 wickets respectively against AUS at home what chance do pak have?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
I made India big faves for the test series with Shoaib in opposition. Without Shoaib, I just hope - froma neutral point of view - that Pakistan are competitive. They'll do well to avoid a whitewash.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm amazed anyone can think Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan and, particularly, Rao Iftikhar Anjum (who, I'm not surprised to see, hasn't been selected) would be likely to trouble the Indians. I'm glad to see Arshad Khan has been recalled, though - if the pitches turn, he's got a good chance of threatening almost as much as Kumble and Harbhajan Singh, I've always been frankly astonished he hasn't played more Test-cricket than he has. I'm hoping Kaneria will do well, too.
As for the batting, I'm hoping we see the best of Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Abdul Razzaq, Inzamam-Ul-Haq and Asim Kamal. As for Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar and Gautam Gambhir, I'm not so sure.

Richard said:
I'm glad to see Arshad Khan has been recalled, though - if the pitches turn, he's got a good chance of threatening almost as much as Kumble and Harbhajan Singh, I've always been frankly astonished he hasn't played more Test-cricket than he has. I'm hoping Kaneria will do well, too.

Arshad Khan is crap, to compare such a bowler with greats like Kumble and Harbhajan is insult to imagination. The guy would struggle to trouble the Indians as would Kaneria (although Kaneria is talented but would still struggle as Indians are masters of spin)

As for Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar and Gautam Gambhir, I'm not so sure.
Afridi always comes with with a surprise, he's someone i cannot say something with certainty.I have a feeeling though that down the order he might do something useful with the bat.

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
yep

Arshad khanand kaneria would not trouble indian batsman that too in india...
Hey when spinner of calibre of Warne had no effect in India how would you expect Arshad khan and kaneria to trouble the Indians... Such miracles rarely happen......

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
When India was swatted in Australia in 1998-9 who would expect a 1-1 dogfight in 2003-4?

Pakistan will fight hard against the old enemy, but much depends on Inzamam, Yousuf and Salman to outscore the Indians and Kaneria to spin them out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
When India was swatted in Australia in 1998-9 who would expect a 1-1 dogfight in 2003-4?
If we knew the attack would consist of such rubbish as Bracken, Williams, Lee and MacGill, anyone might have.
And I don't remember India playing in Australia in 1998\99 - maybe you might mean 1999\2000?
Pakistan will fight hard against the old enemy, but much depends on Inzamam, Yousuf and Salman to outscore the Indians and Kaneria to spin them out.
Looking at Youhana's record in India, I'd not back him to outscore very many people.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
vandemataram said:
Arshad Khan is crap, to compare such a bowler with greats like Kumble and Harbhajan is insult to imagination. The guy would struggle to trouble the Indians as would Kaneria (although Kaneria is talented but would still struggle as Indians are masters of spin)
Really?
Arshad Khan will turn the ball as much as Harbhajan and Kumble and is every bit (if not maybe even more) accurate, and Kaneria ain't far behind. All right, they don't have the variation of the two Indians but they do have the armoury to trouble anyone on a turning pitch (which I really hope we see).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
dudeurfriend said:
yep

Arshad khan and kaneria would not trouble indian batsman that too in india...
Hey when spinner of calibre of Warne had no effect in India how would you expect Arshad khan and kaneria to trouble the Indians... Such miracles rarely happen......
Warne hasn't troubled India regularly because he's often gone to pieces against them... not to say he hasn't ever troubled them, though...
If Arshad and Kaneria bowl like they can they'll trouble anyone on a turning pitch... though not, of course, as much as Harbhajan and Kumble will.

Richard,

Warne "gone to pieces" hey mate - well it wouldn't be anywhere near the number of times YOU've gone to pieces on this forum when challenged.