• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spin-backed India can whitewash Shoaib-less Pakistan: Sarfraz

Shoaib said:
Its interresting that how "india's most successful captain" did poor captaincy against pakistan.Its better u acknowlege it rather than living in the world of dreams that Pakistan has become a better side than India since Bob Woolmer has joined us as coach.U've lost 8 out of last 10 ODIs against Pakistan & thats enough to prove that we r now better than u.If Akhtar was in the team,we would've easily won the test series also.
First of all i'm not even sure as to why you have brought back this thread as India and Pakistan are no longer facing each other and that series is way old.

But now that you are discussing about that series let me point out some facts.

The thread was basically about Test series, but you have provided the results of ODI to support ur argument that Pak is a better team than India.You should always remember that Pakistan is placed at the bottom of ICC test ranking just next to minnows while India happens to be placed on the upper half!! Just one single test win (resulting in a drawn series) against India is not enough to change the facts and the rating of Pak test team.Pakistan will have to play good cricket at test level for a considerable amount of time and will have to win test series against major test playing nation, only then it can be compared with major test playing teams.As things stands today, Pakistan can only be compared with minnows !!

Its interresting that how "india's most successful captain" did poor captaincy against pakistan
He WAS most successful captain, but in the series against Pakistan he was dreadful, and now he isn't in the team.This is proof of the fact that Ganguly has been performing poorly both as a captain and a batsmen and as such Indian team suffered from it.Also i'm not giving you any excuse, i've already said that Pakistan played better cricket than India in third test match and as such won the match against a team that wasn't playing good cricket atall.Some great performance by Pak players coupled with a weak captaincy and lethargic work by Indian team resulted in a surprise victory for Pak team.

Shoaib said:
U've lost 8 out of last 10 ODIs against Pakistan & thats enough to prove that we r now better than u..
IN ODI Pak were definately better than India i openly admit that, they were worthy of 4-2 result in the OD series.

However i must add that the way Indian team is playing currently under Dravid, i'm pretty much sure India will end up as winners if they happen to play Pakistan today.I know you won't agree with this but its something you are goint to find out in comming months.

Shoaib

Banned
vandemataram said:
First of all i'm not even sure as to why you have brought back this thread as India and Pakistan are no longer facing each other and that series is way old.

But now that you are discussing about that series let me point out some facts.

The thread was basically about Test series, but you have provided the results of ODI to support ur argument that Pak is a better team than India.You should always remember that Pakistan is placed at the bottom of ICC test ranking just next to minnows while India happens to be placed on the upper half!! Just one single test win (resulting in a drawn series) against India is not enough to change the facts and the rating of Pak test team.Pakistan will have to play good cricket at test level for a considerable amount of time and will have to win test series against major test playing nation, only then it can be compared with major test playing teams.As things stands today, Pakistan can only be compared with minnows !!
Thanks for your highly valuable comments about PakistanU're given the title of "The Best Flame Baiter on CW forum" for that.Congratulations!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Shoaib said:
Thanks for your highly valuable comments about Pakistan.U're given the title of "The Best Flame Baiter on CW forum" . for that.Congratulations!!!!!!!
You're giving him a good fight for it, though.

For crying out loud, leave these alone...