• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

29-6

Deja moo

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Absolute rubbish, as if im saying that. Today people cant live their everyday lives without these pieces of technology, but what youre trying to say that cricket cant survive without introduction of total technology in every area?? ofcourse not, youre trying to compare apples with oranges. The game is brilliant at the moment, i dont think it needs any improvement, the mistakes and controversy make the game (along with other things ofcours)... its this that makes it such a great game to both watch, and play...
It is the players who make the game great to watch and play. Since when did mistakes make a game great ?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deja moo said:
It is the players who make the game great to watch and play. Since when did mistakes make a game great ?
Do you honestly think that it would be as good if the only thing we had to discuss was: Isnt such and such out of form...... ofcourse not, it makes the game a talking point

Deja moo

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Do you honestly think that it would be as good if the only thing we had to discuss was: Isnt such and such out of form...... ofcourse not, it makes the game a talking point
I dont see how arguing about wrong decisions could be pleasurable.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deja moo said:
I dont see how arguing about wrong decisions could be pleasurable.
Who's arguing?... i just think you need something that keeps the game from becoming stale

Deja moo

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Who's arguing?... i just think you need something that keeps the game from becoming stale
Theres been a looooot of aruments regarding that issue on these forums from time to time. And mistakes arent needed to keep the game from going stale. There are innovations that could be tried. Why wouldnt anyone want to improve the game ?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
Can you blame them ?
Given what the white have done in the past 300 years(look at yer country. You robbed and butchered the original inhabitants), i would say it would be a while till the colored world trusts the white again.

And i guess Woolmer(a fella whitey) or Richardson( another whitey) are playing the race card too
8-) 8-) 8-)

And if you feel that the umpires have not been biassed but merely erroneous, then you should have no problems with the introduction of technology in it.
Technology can be faulty(although cyclops, snicko and hawkeye are more accurate than umpires), they definately cannot be biassed like a human being can be.
Again, thanks for the history lesson C_C. If you want to get technical.....it was actually the English who massacred our original inhabitants, and Australians today are descended from many different nationalities. Given the multi-cultural nature of our society today I'd presume it would be quite difficult to point the finger at any given individual and presume it had anything to do with them. To be honest with you mate, I get a bit sick of people quoting the minute amount of history they know about Oz and attempting to make anyone who comes from there feel like they have to constantly apologise for something that happened 200 years ago that anyone living today had absolutely no control over. Considering you don't even live here (and I've seen you babble on about it regularly) maybe you should build a bridge and get over it.....as part of the healing process.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
Again, thanks for the history lesson C_C. If you want to get technical.....it was actually the English who massacred our original inhabitants, and Australians today are descended from many different nationalities. Given the multi-cultural nature of our society today I'd presume it would be quite difficult to point the finger at any given individual and presume it had anything to do with them. To be honest with you mate, I get a bit sick of people quoting the minute amount of history they know about Oz and attempting to make anyone who comes from there feel like they have to constantly apologise for something that happened 200 years ago that anyone living today had absolutely no control over. Considering you don't even live here (and I've seen you babble on about it regularly) maybe you should build a bridge and get over it.....as part of the healing process.
Waste of time SoC as you will learn sooner rather than later.

This is a one way road so give up my friend and learn to live with the background noise.

Or better still, close the windows and shut out the noise. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
The non-existence of dropped catches would supposedly be good, too. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
J.Coney said:
To make a comparison why players should'nt walk. Steve waugh said if your speeding you don't hand your self into the police. The thing is no one questioned him further because what he said generally held some truth, when in actual fact what he said only highlights how important it is to use technology. You can speed and get away with it if, there are no cops around and second if there is no speed camera. You could even dispute you were speeding how ever there could be photographic proof and information data such as time, reg number and of couse speed. So therefore a batsmen shouldnt get away with a nick or a plumb lbw because there is a camera around that has all that data.
Totally invalid.
Simple fact is you shouldn't speed, whether you can get away with it or not.
On the other hand, thin nicks and gloves are part of the game - to pretend you haven't got one when you know you have is cheating the game, same way not calling back a batsman when you know you haven't caught a catch is.

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
richard, yeah you read what i said but did'nt appreciate the point and went into a stand point that you shouldn't speed at all. what a prefect world you live in. that only clearly demonstrates once again that the icc needs to get their head out of the hole and use technolgy. the police know people aint going to hand themselves in and therefore utilised technology to minimize the offenders. atleast the icc could do the same.

Here's another option, umpire should recieve a bonus in pay for a correct decision and a loss of bonus pay for a wrong descision. Maybe an extra $3,000 for a right decesion and a loss $5,000 for a wrong one. actually this money is a joint effort so the three umpires split the extra cash at the end of the match. umpires should be treated as a team. the best case sceniro is the correct decesion of 43 wickets in a test match which is $129,000 dollars split three ways.

Deja moo

International Captain
Richard said:
The non-existence of dropped catches would supposedly be good, too. 8-)
Ah, but thats not a totally valid comparison. Umpiring mistakes can be avoided. Dropped catches cannot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know that, but they're both mistakes whose non-existence would make the game better in my mind and, rather oddly, not in certain people's.
That one can be (almost completely) avoided and another can't isn't what I was meaning here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
J.Coney said:
richard, yeah you read what i said but did'nt appreciate the point and went into a stand point that you shouldn't speed at all. what a prefect world you live in. that only clearly demonstrates once again that the icc needs to get their head out of the hole and use technolgy. the police know people aint going to hand themselves in and therefore utilised technology to minimize the offenders. atleast the icc could do the same.
I appreciate that point but as far as I'm concerned Stephen Waugh's comparison wasn't valid.
One is illegal, the other is part-and-parcel.
Here's another option, umpire should recieve a bonus in pay for a correct decision and a loss of bonus pay for a wrong descision. Maybe an extra $3,000 for a right decesion and a loss $5,000 for a wrong one. actually this money is a joint effort so the three umpires split the extra cash at the end of the match. umpires should be treated as a team. the best case sceniro is the correct decesion of 43 wickets in a test match which is $129,000 dollars split three ways.
Wouldn't work - given that some things can be certified to be inconclusive, and probably there are certain ways to reprisent it that any decision made was the right one - anything like that would invariably end-up in massive claims for loss-of-earnings... just the way The World works today.