Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst drop in history

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar

Worst drop in history

Define drop however you like (personally I define drop as when they either have the ball coming at their body or when they get the palm of their hand to it).

What's the worst drop you've ever seen?

Mine would have to be when, I THINK (it's a long time ago and I still can't find any documentation of the event online) it was NZ vs. either Aussie or South Africa in a day nighter and a NZ'er skied it bloody high and, to the astonishment of everyone on the field, managed to fumble it, once, twice, three, four, possibly even five times - all well within his grasp - just to see the ball roll away from him dead in the middle of the stadium. The bowler was on the ground by the end of it all. I wasn't even that bothered too much with thinking "Yay, we got let off!" but was more thinking "How the hell did you drop that one?"

If anyone knows where to find the commentary on that then let me know, I'd love it. I'm pretty sure it was when I was trying to remember when it was that I first posted in these forums, actually...

Yours?
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to have been a member of the CW Colts

1. Deep 'The Drop' Dasgupta dropped Carl Hoper on zero. Hooper made 233 since.
    2. Rahul Dravid is reliable, except behind the stumps, as he dropped Ponting in Bangalore on less than 10. Ponting made a century, with savage blows at the end.
    3. Who can forget Boucher's Fleming drop? That, not the D/L mistake, cost SA a place ahead.
    4. Cameron Cuffy was getting a skier in Mumbai, hit by Sehwag, only to drop it.
    5. Although most drops in this list are due to results, this one was a straight catch near the inner ring, but Pedro Collins dropped it in the second Test against Pakistan in Sharjah. Now THAT'S dreadful!
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

David Leatherdale dropping Craig Spearman (I think) in this year's C&G trophy final. Benaud was talking about needing a breakthrough, and then the guy skied it, Benaud says "And here it is..." it looks really easy for a pro, gently dropping and Leatherdale put it down. "Well, I don't know what to say." said the other commentator. Spearman carried on and Gloucestershire won easily. it completely deflated Worcs after they'd recovered from a porr batting performance early on.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Gibbs in WC 99 dropping Waugh was pretty shocking, both for the catch itself and the impact on the match, given that it eventually cost SA the match and their place in the cup.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Gibbs in WC 99 dropping Waugh was pretty shocking, both for the catch itself and the impact on the match, given that it eventually cost SA the match and their place in the cup.
    That one takes the cake.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Banned
    Richards mum dropped one of the worst foals in history when he managed to crawl from the abortion bucket.
    Last edited by Camel56; 13-01-2005 at 04:08 PM.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel56
    Richards mum dropped one of the worst foals in history when he manages to crawl from the abortion bucket.
    That reminds me, what about Flintoff's dad?

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel56
    Richards mum dropped one of the worst foals in history when he manages to crawl from the abortion bucket.
    Utterly uncalled for.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    That one takes the cake.
    And the rosogollas

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    A big occasion drops:
    Lara being dropped on 18 (I think) on the way to 501* - only in the context of the record
    I remember Hussain dropping an easy chance off Smith early in his innings during one of those 200s he made in England.

Ponting's drop of Laxman on 65 in Adelaide. Was a hard catch but may have cost them the match. He wasn't ready after drinks, had a lolly in his mouth and the sunnies on top of the head. Poor cricket.
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, *SPD Smith, Mahmudullah, C de Grandhomme, +AT Carey, PJ Cummins, Rashid Khan, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Just give the prize to Mark Butcher. Dont care which drop but theres plenty to choose from

the drop that hurt me the most was Abdul Razzaq's of tendulkar in the wc 2003

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James90
    Ponting's drop of Laxman on 65 in Adelaide. Was a hard catch but may have cost them the match. He wasn't ready after drinks, had a lolly in his mouth and the sunnies on top of the head. Poor cricket.
    I just read about that in his diary. he sounded pretty dissapointed by it too.
    But i think i have to agree with FaaipDeOiad with the drop of steve waugh in the world cup. the fact that he was basically looking at waugh and taunting him when he went to throw it up made it all the more pleasing for me as an aussie and a worse catch.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information