• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Most Technically Correct/Sound Batsman

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Jesus, how many of these threads discussing irrelevancies (and totally unquantifiables) have we had recently?
I make it 6.
No, you've posted in more than that today alone.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So have you.
If you're going to make silly throwaway comments like that you'd do best to make them less easy for comebacks.

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Richard said:
Jesus, how many of these threads discussing irrelevancies (and totally unquantifiables) have we had recently?
I make it 6.

Isn't this a chat forum anyways. I mean you are free to comment if you wish, and if you don't want to, then simply ignore.

Why the fuss, over duplicate threads? It's not important for everyone posting to go browse through numerous number of threads to verify if a topic is redudant or not. If they do, then it's good, if they don't it is definitely NOT A CRIME !

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, but most of my posts are pointing out the inaccuracies and stupidity in what you say.
It could be said that most of mine are vice-versas.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps all forum users should check with you richard before creating a new thread. Is that what you'd like?

I totally agree with Masterblaster, if you don't like a thread or someone accidentally creates a duplicate thread, why don't you just ignore it rather than wasting your own time and everyone elses time (having to read your negative response) and leave the thread for uses that actually want to discuss the subject......

Your negative responses are becoming boring.

There are previous threads that don't interest me as well, so I just ignore them.

Why spoil it for everyone else?

Its different if you have a constructive view or disagree with something written, but just expressing your disapproval for a thread time after time is just pointless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And of course I've done it "time after time", haven't I? 8-)
Plenty of people find
zinzan12 said:
Your negative responses are becoming boring.
especially when they're not used to people who don't try to see the best in everything.
Don't like it? Don't bother about it.
If I find a thread is pointless I'll say I think so, simple as. Anyone else is totally free to say the same thing about any other thread.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Under the 'Similar Threads' list, there are these listed:

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post

Who Is The Best English Batsman of All-Time? BoyBrumby Cricket Chat 134 Today 01:38 PM

Current (not past) most explosive batsman... masterblaster10 Cricket Chat 19 Today 09:09 AM

The Sharjah Sharks - Team Presentation Samuel_Vimes A League for the Ages 2 9 13-07-2004 03:28 AM

Who is the best current International Coach JASON Cricket Chat 462 06-06-2004 07:47 AM

Best Batsman to Watch? Eclipse World Cup 2003 65 01-03-2003 09:47 AM
Nothing too similar done recently by the looks of it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
And of course I've done it "time after time", haven't I? 8-)
Plenty of people find especially when they're not used to people who don't try to see the best in everything.
Don't like it? Don't bother about it.
If I find a thread is pointless I'll say I think so, simple as. Anyone else is totally free to say the same thing about any other thread.
Your totally free to have your own opinion just like everyone is. I still maintain in "my opinion" that just calling a thread "pointless" and not actually contributing to it in anyway seems a waste of time. People will still create Threads that they want to, even if you don't find it interesting.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
I make it 6.
for someone who recommends that people should just scroll down when they read our arguments, you really do make such pointless and contradictory statements in this scenario, instead of doing the same.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, once you're in a thread there's no escaping the stuff, if it's a thread, you don't have to open it if it doesn't interest you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
Under the 'Similar Threads' list, there are these listed:

Nothing too similar done recently by the looks of it.
I was thinking, myself, of:
Current (not past) most explosive batsman...
Most elegant batsmen
Current Most Lethal Bowler
Worlds Most Dangerous Cricketer (bowler or batsmen)
Best delivery?
Plus this one.

And of course in the other list there's:
2 aus teams???
Players who would get in2 Aus team
Fringe Aussie fringe Players who would excel in other teams..

And when you add the 8, 9 or so threads on this Tsunami Relief game or very similar topics, you'll get the picture as to why I feel the board is a little swamped with needless threads ATM.

EDIT: add another one! 8-)
Current best player
DDDRRRRRSSSSHHH!!!!! AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!
Best coverage
Can't have escaped anyone's notice that these threads have starters in common.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No, once you're in a thread there's no escaping the stuff, if it's a thread, you don't have to open it if it doesn't interest you.
Or rather if it's three or four threads it swamps the main board, and if it's just posts in a thread that you don't want to read you can easily jump past them - I do it sometimes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard said:
I was thinking, myself, of:
Current (not past) most explosive batsman...
Most elegant batsmen
Current Most Lethal Bowler
Worlds Most Dangerous Cricketer (bowler or batsmen)
Best delivery?
Plus this one.

And of course in the other list there's:
2 aus teams???
Players who would get in2 Aus team
Fringe Aussie fringe Players who would excel in other teams..

And when you add the 8, 9 or so threads on this Tsunami Relief game or very similar topics, you'll get the picture as to why I feel the board is a little swamped with needless threads ATM.
Well I'll be damned.

Btw thanks for continously bumping this duplicated thread to the top again. :) I wonder if you can resist another reply.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
Well I'll be damned.

Btw thanks for continously bumping this duplicated thread to the top again. :) I wonder if you can resist another reply.
Not a case of "resisting" - if there are replies to be made, I'll make 'em.
As you can see. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
All of which are different.
Yet all of which have the thing in common that they're discussing things that can never be quantified and would, in my view, be best not have threads created.