• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asim Kamal - what the?

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
I'm quite amazed by the runs Younis Khan has scored in this series - he's played better than I ever imagined he could.
At present I'd pick this:
Salman
Yasir
Younis Khan
Inzamam-Ul-Haq
Youhana
Asim
Abdul Razzaq
Moin Khan (Kamran has hardly done much to change my idea that he's nowhere near Test-standard)
If Kamran worked on his batting IMO he could be a much better player. He looked good with the gloves and made some very good stumpings off Kaneria.

Younis Khan is just over-rated. Hem akes too many starts and then just throws it away. Yep great player 8-)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard said:
Kamran has hardly done much to change my idea that he's nowhere near Test-standard
he's batting had been alright in patches, and shows a bit of promise. but what i really like is the way that i've hardly noticed him behind the stumps - says a lot about the way he's kept, neatly and precisely, with few mistakes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Prince EWS said:
To tell you the truth I had forgotten all about Shabbir.

He has had injury problems, then chucking problems, then more injury problems..... I put him in the Shane Bond category.

But if he was fit, and his action was sorted out, I would certainly have him in the team. He certainly impressed me against New Zealand.
The action controversies were found to be unfounded optical-illusions - like so many.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
he's batting had been alright in patches, and shows a bit of promise. but what i really like is the way that i've hardly noticed him behind the stumps - says a lot about the way he's kept, neatly and precisely, with few mistakes.
He's kept well, yes, but he's interspersed the odd remotely useful innings with comic haplessness.
I really don't see any future for him in Test-cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Younis Khan is just over-rated. Hem akes too many starts and then just throws it away. Yep great player 8-)
He's certainly been overrated for most of his Test-career but nonetheless I wouldn't have been remotely surprised if he'd averaged in the teens this series.
Be fair to him - he's earned another series or two.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
bryce said:
umar gul is much better bowler than shabbir IMO
Despite the fact that he's played a sum-total of 2 authentic Test-matches, one on a wicket as seam-friendly as you'll see, and still not done particularly exceptionally (9 wickets at 23.90 - good, yes, but not exceptional), whereas Shabbir has played 4 and had 3 good-'uns and 1 very poor one.
I know who I rate the better bowler.

Beleg

International Regular
my pakistan team for the future tests against India would be something like this,

Salman Butt
Taufeeq Umar
Inzamam
Youhana
Younis Khan
Asim Kamal
Moin Khan
Abdur Razzaq/Mohd. Sami
Shoaib Akhtar
Shabbir Ahmad
Danesh Kaneria

What were need is someone solid in the lower middle-order, and even-though Moin is past his best he is still better then bits and pieces batters like Kamran Akmal and Zulquernain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's certainly not the worst side and if India's current class continues their extremely unconvincing manner I'd back Pakistan without hesitancy.
However, I've been saying for ages that it's a matter of time only until the Indian batting gets it's act together and I still don't think it'll be long.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
does anyone remember this guy Shahid nazir ,he played for pakistan ,and is really doing well in domestic cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Those starts and not carrying on have been better than most of the lineup at times though. That shows that he may not walk into the Aussie lineup, but he's certainly good enough for Pakistan IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

PAKMAN said:
does anyone remember this guy Shahid nazir ,he played for pakistan ,and is really doing well in domestic cricket
Shahid Nazir

He does have sensational domestic stats and wasn't horrible at internationals either. 27 years of age too. Surely he should be ahead of a Sami?

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
My line up whehn everyone is back from injury

Butt
Taufeeq
Hameed/Younis khan
Inzi
Youhana
Asim kamal
Kamran/Zulqernian(promising u19 WK can bat better then kamran and is only 18)
Shoiab akhtar
Gul(triple stress fracture but is only 19 and still a great prospect)
Shabbir
Danish kanieria

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
Suggest a better man for the position than Razzaq and I'd gladly consider him.
Right now I'm simply saying he's far better than Malik.
and im pretty sure there are better players than razzaq in domestic cricket.
with regard to shoaib malik, what has he done wrong? he had one bad test(and actually top scored in the 2nd inning of that test too) and has the axe facing him?

Mr Mxyzptlk

tooextracool said:
and im pretty sure there are better players than razzaq in domestic cricket.
with regard to shoaib malik, what has he done wrong? he had one bad test(and actually top scored in the 2nd inning of that test too) and has the axe facing him?
Statistics posted earlier suggest strongly that Shoaib Malik is nothing more than a subcontinental performer.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Statistics posted earlier suggest strongly that Shoaib Malik is nothing more than a subcontinental performer.
yes and its all quite clear after just 1 test outside the subcontinent isnt it? not to mention of course that he top scored in the 2nd inning of the same test.
look i doubt malik is test class either, but i firmly believe that after what hes done so far, he deserves to get more than 1 chance away from home to prove that he isnt good enough.

Mr Mxyzptlk

tooextracool said:
yes and its all quite clear after just 1 test outside the subcontinent isnt it? not to mention of course that he top scored in the 2nd inning of the same test.
look i doubt malik is test class either, but i firmly believe that after what hes done so far, he deserves to get more than 1 chance away from home to prove that he isnt good enough.
Heh, was referring to ODI statistics actually.

I agree that Malik deserves a shot in Tests to actually judge though.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Shahid Nazir

He does have sensational domestic stats and wasn't horrible at internationals either. 27 years of age too. Surely he should be ahead of a Sami?

i knw they keep on calling bowlers like khalil and asif
and now they have called rao for the vb sereis
i just dont understand someof pakistani selections

bryce

International Regular
Richard said:
Despite the fact that he's played a sum-total of 2 authentic Test-matches, one on a wicket as seam-friendly as you'll see, and still not done particularly exceptionally (9 wickets at 23.90 - good, yes, but not exceptional), whereas Shabbir has played 4 and had 3 good-'uns and 1 very poor one.
I know who I rate the better bowler.
i don't judge players solely on statistics like you, the reason quite simply is that i've seen both of them bowl quite a bit and rate gul higher than shabbir

Gangster

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
Given the strength of the Australian and West Indian attacks I'd not be certain of success, really.
The strength of the West Indian WHAT?

Less like a machete and more like a butter knife.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Shahid Nazir

For tests maybe, but not one-dayers. Sami is a very good ODI bowler and extreme pace is much more useful in ODIs than in Tests. If you can't do anything but dig out the 95 mph yorker in a test, it's fine, he can't keep bowling that all day. In an ODI, it's not so fine.