• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

saeed anwar

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
they haven't find a good batsmen in a long long time.don't have a decent wk batsmen and in the population of 150 million there isn't a good off spinner...very sad.
You obviously haven't heard of Youhana or Inzamam then?

Or for that matter Saqlain.

wahindiawah said:
They use to get good pacers, but now its no longer the case. They have tried a dozen pacers ( Rao,Riaz,Khalil,Asif,Yasir Ali, Rana etc) but all have failed to impress.
Anyone else spot the irony here? An Indian having a go at Pakistan's lack of good pacemen!

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:

Anyone else spot the irony here? An Indian having a go at Pakistan's lack of good pacemen!

Dude for once stop Criticizing.... U act like u know everything.......

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:

obviously he has views different to the whole world

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
lol. india has a population of over a billion yet they cant produce one good pacer and here you are complaining pakistan cant produce an offspinner in 150 million? open your door and take a look out into ure street and see how many people there are, and then re-assess the situation in terms of reality rather than hippocrisy.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
and may i also say the pacers pakistan produced before were geunine pace bowlers, the ones you have mentioned are merely medium pace. and i disagree that they havent produced any, Gul is only 20 years of age...he has quite some potential and shabbir ahmed is a decent bowler as is sami. sami has been under-performing for quite a while although he has been quite unlucky throughout his career. for comparisons sake and for ure sake, sami and gul would walk into the indian pace attack.

Sehwag309

Banned
redbaron said:
lol. india has a population of over a billion yet they cant produce one good pacer and here you are complaining pakistan cant produce an offspinner in 150 million? open your door and take a look out into ure street and see how many people there are, and then re-assess the situation in terms of reality rather than hippocrisy.

Australia has a lesser population than pakistan but are still World Class, so what..the largest have to have the best?

Its quota, zone system (I am not sure how it works) but they really can't choose everyone!

BTW, 70% of that Billion is in Villages and not many play cricket outta that. Atleast we have enuff in Science and Technology

Its mostly the trend which goes on, Pak has trend of fast bowlers unlike India who has trend of batsmen

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
PAKMAN said:
he got dropped on 47 by razzaq that shuold hav been the end from his side
should but wasnt...he went on to make the wonderful 98 so regardless of what SHOULD have happened his innings was great and not some 'pristine' 47

Sehwag309

Banned
Hit4Six said:
should but wasnt...he went on to make the wonderful 98 so regardless of what SHOULD have happened his innings was great and not some 'pristine' 47
..karma did play a small role, 2 short of a century

It wasn't a catch, I mean he didn't drop it exactly

Here, cricinfo didn't even mention anything extraordinary abt it

End of over 8 (9 runs) India 67/2 (RR: 8.38 RRR: 207/42 = 4.93)
Waqar Younis 3-0-23-2 - Hennops River End
SR Tendulkar 42* (28b 5x4 1x6) M Kaif 0* (6b)

8.1 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, FOUR, Goodness! a beauty of a backfoot
punch through cover
8.2 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, (noball) no run, short and cut to point
8.2 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, no run, on the off stump and its slammed
to Inzamam who fields it well at short point
8.3 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, no run, short and defends it off to leg
8.4 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, two runs, turned to mid wicket and only 2
more needed for a great odi fifty
8.5 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, no run, beaten outside off, was a Wasim
special, statically driven and missed
8.6 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, one run, off the backfoot, edges in the
air to backward point

By the way, how was it 47? He is 42, then 8.1 put him on 46, then he takes 2 runs at 8.4 which puts him on 48..am I mistaken or was this some other over?

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PAKMAN said:
no doubt that saeed anwar and aamir sohail were the best pakistan opening pair ever
Some could argue Sadiq Mohammad and Majid Khan - 1394 runs at 53.62.

Sohai and Anwar were 1577 at 42.62.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
Dude for once stop Criticizing.... U act like u know everything.......
Sorry, but if someone's trolling and making stupid posts they need to be countered.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
By the way, how was it 47? He is 42, then 8.1 put him on 46, then he takes 2 runs at 8.4 which puts him on 48..am I mistaken or was this some other over?
2 very good points!

bryce

International Regular
Choora said:
Shabbir is another bowler whome i think would have peformed well in Australia.
i don't think he would have done very well in aussie, he has a great test record but his bowling wouldn't of suited australian conditions - he bowled well in new zealand because he hits the pitch and gets alot of bounce a bit like say oram and tuffey, i don't think he will have too much of a test career after he comes back.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
imranrabb said:
still shabbir and gul were big losses and would have certainly made more impact then sami did
gul, shabbir, shoaib wouldve run the aussies down...or atleats given a bitmore fight

wahindiawah

Banned
marc71178 said:

Or for that matter Saqlain.!
You obviously aren't aware that Youhanna and Inzi started their career a long time back, and ever since Youhanna Pakistan haven't found a single quality batsman...this is something which i was referring to.

As for Saqlain, he was a good spinner just like Akram and Waqar were great pacer, you obviously don't know that Saqlain isn't in the team now 8-)

[/QUOTE]Anyone else spot the irony here? An Indian having a go at Pakistan's lack of good pacemen![/QUOTE]

a few yeas back when India used to play with the likes of Prasad and Kuruvilla and Pakistan had w's then it would have looked wierd for an Indian to criticize Pakistani pacers, but things have changed drastically now.India have Pathan, Zaheer Khan and others like Balaji and co, in contrast Paistan just have Akhter.

wahindiawah

Banned
redbaron said:

You obviously haven't heard of Irfan Pathan which is often being compared with Akram by none other than u geat Akram and Imran :p

Irfan also happen to scare the hell out of ur so called great batter "youhanna".

Atleast a ppl of 1 billion has a class pacer in Pathan and talented one's in Khan and Balaji, unfortunately accross the border there seems to be extreme shortage of talent.

Anyway i'm not trying to humiliate pakistanis, i think that they should listen to Imran khan and improve their domestic structure otherwise they will soon find themself in a situation where they will be only able to compete with sides like SL and Bang.