• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top On-Field Personalities

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
he said that to whom?
Graeme Smith, of course.
Sledging him is hardly likely to do any good, he's one of the ones it's most likely to improve his performance than denegrate it.
But some players might be genuinely daggered by it.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
Graeme Smith, of course.
Sledging him is hardly likely to do any good, he's one of the ones it's most likely to improve his performance than denegrate it.
But some players might be genuinely daggered by it.
something which he didnt do against australia.....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The sledging actually came during his best innings of the series.
No, he didn't do his best against Australia but given the circumstances (his Test induction, and South Africa in the lowest of low ebbs) I think you can make some allowance for that.

Link

State Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Poor old Jacques is notorious for his lack of grey-matter. Clive Rice told a story that a few years back Kallis returned from jogging by the sea feeling groggy. Jacques opined,

"It must be the altitude"
ok

Sehwag309

Banned
Richard said:
"Lucky, lucky Saqqie, ah, yeas, shabbush, shabbush, shabbush, well bowled Saqqie, lovely bowling, shabbush, shabbush, shabbush,"
"Mushi-i-i-i-i-i-e-e-e-e!!!!"""
"Catch i-i-i-i-it!!!!"
Etc.
Great wicketkeeper, though - you've got to be if you make that sorta noise.
Yeah, he was something. There was a match between Ind/Pak just before the 99 WC and India already lost it (2 many runs to chase + No Sachin)..anyways, his counterpart Mongia came to bat and although it was nothing serious but he was mocking him, chanting "plz choose mongia for world cup, very good batsmen, cmon mongia"...both were similing as they knew the game was over

Dont get to see those things now, neither Moin would be like that anymore

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:

Well lets face it, at the moment, his performances can hardly get much worse!

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
wahindiawah said:
I don't understand as to WHY Langer choose NOT to complain the umpire about Akhter's ugly attitute when the umpire inquied Langer as to what Ahter had been uttering.Had langer complained to the umpire then Akhter would have landed into deeper trouble (probably banned for a year)as this would have been his second consecutive offense.
If Akhter had been in Langer's place then i'm sure he would have complained and whined about it.

come on man id like to see atleast one possitive post from you

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Son Of Coco said:
When's the last time you saw McGrath giving someone a blast on the field though? I can't remember seeing it for a very long time......he's still being raked over the coals for something that happened years ago.
there was another incident involving a zimbabwe batsman.....cant remember his name at the moment, give me a fe wmins to look it up.

and yes i agree, it is very ironic that he can be like this on the field but off it he is a really nice guy,

the things sport can do to a person you see :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
alas my source has deserted me, i'v wandered the house looking for it but it seems to have escaped, il notify as soon as it has been found.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
sledger said:
there was another incident involving a zimbabwe batsman.....cant remember his name at the moment, give me a fe wmins to look it up.

and yes i agree, it is very ironic that he can be like this on the field but off it he is a really nice guy,

the things sport can do to a person you see :p
Are you possibly thinking of the Eddo Brandes incident?

McGrath: "How come you're so fat, Brandes?"

Eddo: "'Cos every time I f*** your wife she gives me a biscuit!" :tongue:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol yeh thats the one i was looking for, the rest of the aussie team laughed their heads off apparently :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So was the above.
Insulting long-standing CW members is invariably a waste of time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
assuming you mean his 68, he didnt exactly make hayden eat his words. i mean after all SA did lose the match.
I'd say his 42 in the final innings was the better performance.
And that was the one the incident occurred in.
Anyway, even if he hadn't have made Hayden eat his words, they were still far more likely to do harm than good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Nope - due rather a lot rather soon, isn't he?
You think he is, but he's not scored a lot against England since his first 2 knocks (that's now 5 Tests for 162 runs @ 16.20 - maybe the English have worked him out?)