• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Least Entertaining Players

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Link said:
(Hayden is not boring, just to clear that up)
There's no clearing anything up.
As far as I'm concerned, there are few more boring than Hayden.
That doesn't mean anyone else has to find the same thing, but nonetheless there is no "is" or "isn't" about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricket player said:
upul chandana
Personally I find him a very entertaining player.
Excellent fielder, always worth keeping an eye on with the willow, and a bowler who's developed a bit recently (if not quite as much as some might think).

Josh

International Regular
Ian..........................Chappel is a............................................................. very boring......................................................................................................................................
....................uh....comentator

Richard said:
That doesn't mean anyone else has to find the same thing, but nonetheless there is no "is" or "isn't" about it.
You have a strange perception of boring.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Two more using the idiotic idea of judging a player on one series.
Just because Crawley was incredibly slow in The Ashes 2002\03 (still outperformed most of the English batsmen I might add) that is not his normal batting style.
You associating me with idiocy? I wouldn't do that I were you.

Josh

International Regular
It's a matter of opinion, really, all of this.

Someone is allowed to find Hayden boring, it is not a crime. Personally, I don't find Hayden boring, but I'm not attacking and finding excuses to try and convince Richard that Hayden isn't boring.

Some people might find Adam Gilchrist boring... who cares. Let's continue and find them entertaining, and they can sit there bored sh*tless. Let's get on with our lives.

I don't mind debates on who's a better player and comparing with statistics among other things, but everyone has a different perception of boredom and entertainment, so I'm sure every cricket player on the globe is found boring by at least one person.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Casson said:
You associating me with idiocy? I wouldn't do that I were you.
You don't have to be an idiot to commit idiocy.
But it's very idiotic to judge a player on one series when most of the rest contradict that.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
You don't have to be an idiot to commit idiocy.
But it's very idiotic to judge a player on one series when most of the rest contradict that.
When did I say he was not entertaining because he was slow? I merely said his name because in my opinion he is not entertaining. That's what this thread is for. Would you begrudge me of my opinion?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
I agree, and for the record Geoffrey Boycott should go down in history as one of the games great entertainers! :p

I'm not sure how you can say Hayden's boring either, but as you said it's a matter of opinion. I'd like to know why you find this to be so, but if you told me it'd probably just start arguments on here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Casson said:
When did I say he was not entertaining because he was slow? I merely said his name because in my opinion he is not entertaining. That's what this thread is for. Would you begrudge me of my opinion?
So why do you think he is boring, then? :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
I agree, and for the record Geoffrey Boycott should go down in history as one of the games great entertainers! :p

I'm not sure how you can say Hayden's boring either, but as you said it's a matter of opinion. I'd like to know why you find this to be so, but if you told me it'd probably just start arguments on here.
Because I purely and simply get sick of the sight of him at the crease. I get bored with the cricket whenever he's batting.
He's an ugly batsman, and his presence has been one of the worst monotonies of cricket in the last 3 years - indeed it has epitomised it.
Personally I wouldn't call Boycott one of the game's great entertainers but certainly there are those I'd much prefer not watch - Hayden amongst them.
Watching someone grind-out a long innings against quality bowling and contribute to winning a tight game is, for me, far more entertaining than belting popgun bowling around on flat pitches and causing innings-and-200-run victory after innings-and-200-run-victory.
I'm not saying that it's the fault or to the credit of either player, just that I find one far more appetising than the other.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
So why do you think he is boring, then? :dry:
Because of all the people who are entertaining, he is the least entertaining of all of them. That fits the criterion, surely?