Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

East London/West Essex whichever you like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    You agree with me and C_C? Hmm...
    Yeah, serious. From C C's posts, i think he supports India and even though i support England, i never seem to find something in his post that i contradict. Left him out but i also always seem to agree with all but everything that Marc posts.

wot is there something going on between you two, i have never noticed anything you two having a fully fledged post battle like Richard-TEC or Richard-Anyone else
    Last edited by SpeedKing; 29-03-2005 at 02:54 PM.
    I hereby declare myself founder and leader of JAAS-James Anderson Appreciation Society

my favourite upcoming players
    AN Cook[Essex], IR Bell[Waricks]

Proud Member of Kevin Pietesen's Appreciation Society.

Glenn McGrath - 30 deliveries - 2 runs - 5 wickets

Bowling O M R W
    Harmison 12.3 8 12 7

Two most destructive pieces of bowling i have ever witnessed

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedKing
    Yeah, serious. From C C's posts, i think he supports India and even though i support England, i never seem to find something in his post that i contradict. Left him out but i also always seem to agree with all but everything that Marc posts.

wot is there something going on between you two, i have never noticed anything you two having a fully fledged post battle like Richard-TEC or Richard-Anyone else
    Nah, I'm too lazy for post battles

He's one of the members whose opinions are less aligned with mine.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Am I the only one to notice it, but is it me or has C_C pulled his head in a bit of late?
    No, I noticed that as well. Maybe he's just come to realise how charming and wonderful we all are, and decided to try and get along?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

aussie

well going back to the main topic of this post, i know i do know a lot about cricket and i state my views accordingly, but guys who i have posted againts like Richard, Faaip, Top cat, Tec & Neil seem to know the game well

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Nah, I'm too lazy for post battles
    *cough* Fulton
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    you can if you think those ricketty old legs of yours can get yourselves up the steps of the courtroom
    >>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    *cough* Fulton
    THANK YOU! Was waiting for someone to bring that up!
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    well going back to the main topic of this post, i know i do know a lot about cricket and i state my views accordingly, but guys who i have posted againts like Richard, Faaip, Top cat, Tec & Neil seem to know the game well
    modesty is a virtue

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    THANK YOU! Was waiting for someone to bring that up!
    Please, leave it in the past. You're hurting me inside

C_C
    maybe he's getting laid!
    drat man!
    cant you paparazzi stay away ?

Thank you for all yer comments....i personally find most here to be quiete knowledgable...even when their individual opinions contradict mine.

I for one am happy to be here...well...not so much..... coz i am beginning to get really ****ty grades!
    but many of you (faaip, SJS, marc, boybrumbie,T_CSlow_Love,(why do i think he is jamaican?:P) etc.) make me consider angles and thoughtstreams i hadnt before and its quiete mind-stimulating.
    Last edited by C_C; 30-03-2005 at 03:57 AM.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    drat man!
    cant you paparazzi stay away ?

Thank you for all yer comments....i personally find most here to be quiete knowledgable...even when their individual opinions contradict mine.

I for one am happy to be here...well...not so much..... coz i am beginning to get really ****ty grades!
    but many of you (faaip, SJS, marc, boybrumbie,T_CSlow_Love,(why do i think he is jamaican?:P) etc.) make me consider angles and thoughtstreams i hadnt before and its quiete mind-stimulating.
    I have got company , I mean with the grades.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

Should have seen me four years ago, then... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. A lot of it is, I think, acquired communication skills and word choice in the way that you post what you post, coming across as authoritative but not arrogant when you make claims or assertions, and being accomodating and not simply state/restating when discussing.

For example...

"Granted, the match-winning innings that Dalton played at Wellington in 2002 was a fine example of batting under pressure - not many people can make those kinds of scores with a middle-order and tail committing hara-kiri around them, but there has been little else in his career to back up your claim that he's one of the world's best batsman.

If, for example, you look at the ODI series in Sri Lanka the year after - there were two or three times where he played very rash, injudicious shots when the onus was on him to remain unbeaten and see the team to victory in the games. His disproportionately high ratio of dismissals in single figures also suggests a weakness early in his innings"

contrasted against...

"rubbish. one innings doesnt make dalton a good batsman even if that innings was good and on that i would disagree entirely because the bowlers bowled short and wide too often and the wicket was flatter than others he has failed repeatedly on. in sri lanka he was nothing but useless and probably cost the game and series because he was unable to play anything other than that idiot hoik shot off the leg spinner and got stumped twice and caught off skiers so many other times. no one who bats like that can even be thought of as good never mind great"
    I just can't imagine you posting the latter... I mean, I've never used that sort of "poor communication skills" as you put it... with referance particularly to the grammar.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Well given that I'm in the age group you listed here, I'm inclined to wonder what you are talking about. I certainly didn't select the people I listed based on age, nor did I suggest that the people you listed don't know what they are on about.

Also, I believe among the people I listed that Jono is much closer to the age group you mentioned than late 20s/early 30s, since he started uni this year.
    Yeah, I thought he was, too. I didn't actually include him in the late-20s\early-30s group.
    Maybe you didn't consciously select the people you did based on their age but I'm almost certain it had an impact, because so often it does, even if you don't realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I would like to add that wpdavid is a welcome, but too infrequent, visitor to CW shores
    Yeah, I'm astounded that he doesn't have the will to post more; I always make sure I read an article whenever he writes one.
    He and SJS have much in common.
    Speaking of C_C....

Am I the only one to notice it, but is it me or has C_C pulled his head in a bit of late? He's obviously a clever chap, that much was evident from day one, but I had him down as a bit of a head-of-the-d1ck because he was a victim of the "My opinion is bigger than your opinion & here's a point-by-point refutation of your opinion" cod-macho posturing that can occasionally afflict Cricket Chat (& that we all find so desperately tiresome).

Lately tho, while still opinionated, he seems less aggressive & altogether more chilled (maybe he's getting laid! ). His post on Sehwag was one of the best I'd seen for some time.
    However many improvements C_C has made I can't ever think too much of him while he uses the strategem he uses to dismiss the older cricketing feats; it's just too typical of subcontinentals and while it's original and one I've not heard before, it's fundamentally flawed and contains many things where he states that things are not the way they are (ie that learned opticians believe the human eye can accurately gauge speed and relative speed of objects; that cricket was not professional, in attitude or in actuality, before the mid-60s; and that cricket's embryonic stage was the 1930s).

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedKing
    Yeah, serious. From C C's posts, i think he supports India and even though i support England, i never seem to find something in his post that i contradict.
    You either don't take interest in the past part eras of the game (not a crime, don't take that the wrong way) or haven't heard C_C's ideas about it, then.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information