• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC lifts two-match ban on Ganguly

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just shows what a bunch of spineless f*ckwits run our beloved game..

They can't even deal with the most powerful player in the game without ending up with egg all over their faces..

JustTool

State 12th Man
Shows you what a bunch of dimwits the people running the game are....Firstly, this is not the first time Llyod and the moron Bucknor have tried to exact revenge against Indian players as they still haven't gotten over the 1983 world cup loss. Serves Lloyd right, I say. Even though it would have been nice to see Ganguly get a wake up call. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JustTool said:
Shows you what a bunch of dimwits the people running the game are....Firstly, this is not the first time Llyod and the moron Bucknor have tried to exact revenge against Indian players as they still haven't gotten over the 1983 world cup loss. Serves Lloyd right, I say. Even though it would have been nice to see Ganguly get a wake up call. :)
Amusing.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
Just shows what a bunch of spineless f*ckwits run our beloved game..

They can't even deal with the most powerful player in the game without ending up with egg all over their faces..
The ICC is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If Ganguly had been suspended, his supporters would have howled about bias against India.
Now that he has been exonerated, of course its all the ICC's fault -- they
were under pressure from Dalmiya's mafia, they were bribed yada yada yada
8-)

Slow Love™

International Captain
It does sound like there were a number of mitigating factors, but I'm still a little shocked that they resulted in the game running a whole hour overtime. IMO, given that Ganguly's shown a strong tendency towards wasting time in the past, they probably should have upheld the suspension.

Sudeep

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
It does sound like there were a number of mitigating factors, but I'm still a little shocked that they resulted in the game running a whole hour overtime. IMO, given that Ganguly's shown a strong tendency towards wasting time in the past, they probably should have upheld the suspension.
...or, reduce it, instead of lifting it entirely. Though there were those factors that led to the delay, I'm not sure how almost an hour could have been lost due to them. Unfortunately, after this entire thingy, I'm not sure Ganguly will put 100% effort to complete a game in time.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Sudeep said:
...or, reduce it, instead of lifting it entirely.
You're right, and that occurred to me after I wrote the post. The fact is that he was still responsible for a reasonable degree of time lost, just not it's entirety. Unless the ICC believed he was not responsible for ANY of the hour lost, they probably should have just reduced the penalty (without suspending it). Wouldn't have pleased everybody, but it's possible it would have pleased a lot more than this decision did.

biased indian

International Coach
Did any body notice that india bowled 182 overs in the first 2 days aganist SA that is 2 moe than the req 180.so loyd did have some effect on ganguly
this might be the firt time that under ganguly india had bowled more overs than req.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Cowards. They just let muscle power get the better of the law. This is not the first time, but one of many. He has been slow with his over-rate, and has been penalised quite often, as in NZ. Yet, when the Pakistanis once bowled their overs very slowly, he ridculed it by comparing it to the ten-overs-a-day mood of the past. He has been a liability as a captain of a fielding side for a long time and that showed in the Test match against SA, as well as against the Aussies and Kiwis. Even if the ban was lifted, he should have stayed out of the Test as well as the next match, and even step down from captaincy, because he has been given a big let-off and is lucky to still be captain after four years of team failure.

biased indian

International Coach
Arjun said:
Cowards. They just let muscle power get the better of the law. This is not the first time, but one of many. He has been slow with his over-rate, and has been penalised quite often, as in NZ. Yet, when the Pakistanis once bowled their overs very slowly, he ridculed it by comparing it to the ten-overs-a-day mood of the past. He has been a liability as a captain of a fielding side for a long time and that showed in the Test match against SA, as well as against the Aussies and Kiwis. Even if the ban was lifted, he should have stayed out of the Test as well as the next match, and even step down from captaincy, because he has been given a big let-off and is lucky to still be captain after four years of team failure.
if u treat ganguly captaincy period as a failure what will u call about the other ones :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
biased indian said:
Did any body notice that india bowled 182 overs in the first 2 days aganist SA that is 2 moe than the req 180.so loyd did have some effect on ganguly
this might be the firt time that under ganguly india had bowled more overs than req.
I'd have said that the number of spinners in the side and the fact that South Africa weren't playing any shots at all had more to do with that..