• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne Should've been fined

C_C

International Captain
twctopcat said:
Mcgrath was being homophobic so thats fine.

how exactly is a comment along the lines of ' how does Lara's **** taste like' seem homophobic ?
if anything, it seems homo-curious !
:D :D

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
I think Aleem Dar became kind on Warne.If players start shouting at umpires then wat r umpires for?

Scallywag

Banned
Behlol said:
I think Aleem Dar became kind on Warne.If players start shouting at umpires then wat r umpires for?
Funny how Warne spoke with Dar and by the time it gets posted it becomes screaming or shouting.

I wish we could do the same thing with the score, you know Lehmann only scores 8 runs but we just boost it up a bit and say its really 80 runs and everyone swallows it.

C_C

International Captain
Funny how Warne spoke with Dar and by the time it gets posted it becomes screaming or shouting.
You can keep your revisionist history to yourself.
I would recommend you WATCH the said incident.

Warne's decibel level was akin to a shout/scream, unless you are hard of hearing and speak at a volume thats considered screaming by most people...... but then again, the above statement comes from someone who claimed 'aussies dont whinge about umpires'.....i think that says it all.Whats next ? you'll claim that Aussie players dont throw tantrums ?
8-) 8-)

Shounak

Banned
C_C said:
You can keep your revisionist history to yourself.
I would recommend you WATCH the said incident.

Warne's decibel level was akin to a shout/scream, unless you are hard of hearing and speak at a volume thats considered screaming by most people...... but then again, the above statement comes from someone who claimed 'aussies dont whinge about umpires'.....i think that says it all.Whats next ? you'll claim that Aussie players dont throw tantrums ?
8-) 8-)
Right on mate. Warne said "look at the board", that's dissent. Dissent carries with it punishment. Which wasn't enforced.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
shounak said:
Right on mate. Warne said "look at the board", that's dissent. Dissent carries with it punishment. Which wasn't enforced.
Dissent is decided by the umpires and match referee, not you.

C_C

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Dissent is decided by the umpires and match referee, not you.

And for the umpteenth time, just coz the ump didnt haul his **** for it, doesnt mean that the decision was correct.
Umpires bollox up from time to time when it comes to giving someone out....they aint infallible....Dar bolloxed up here......simple as that.

When players get suspended/fined for walking back whilst shaking their head/hanging on after dismissal a tad too long/appealing overzealously, this SCREAMING and pointing towards the videoscreen is definately fine-worthy.

In disciplinarian terms, this is a case of 'middle stump yorker, no deviation, hit on backfoot and umpire shakes his head in the negetive'!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Slats4ever said:
how do u know? where u there? or are u using ur opinions and mcgrath, and ur own personal beliefs.
Dude, I watched the whole thing. And I watched all its after-effects. And if you think Sarwan was wrong, why do you think McGrath was the one who apologised for it, publicly? And Steve Waugh and most of the other Aussie players who were interviewed said that it was just a case of McGrath over-reacting to a routine sledge and maybe it was because of his tension "about his wife's serious condition". I think McGrath even said that he would have reacted differently if he could go back there in a time machine. And here is a direct quote from Steve Waugh: "Ramnaresh did nothing wrong. He does not have a mean bone in his body."

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
And for the umpteenth time, just coz the ump didnt haul his **** for it, doesnt mean that the decision was correct.
Umpires bollox up from time to time when it comes to giving someone out....they aint infallible....Dar bolloxed up here......simple as that.

When players get suspended/fined for walking back whilst shaking their head/hanging on after dismissal a tad too long/appealing overzealously, this SCREAMING and pointing towards the videoscreen is definately fine-worthy.

In disciplinarian terms, this is a case of 'middle stump yorker, no deviation, hit on backfoot and umpire shakes his head in the negetive'!
So here you go chucking a tantrum and whinging about the umpires and what were you saying about the Aussies.

C_C

International Captain
how exactly is this whinging ? Am i making an excuse anywhere ?
I am merely pointing out the inconsistency here...... like i said, if a player can be fined for overappealing or hanging on the crease too long, this oen definately deserved a fine......
i dunno but if you include the word 'consistency' in your vocabulary, you might understand what i am trying to say.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
how exactly is this whinging ? Am i making an excuse anywhere ?
I am merely pointing out the inconsistency here...... like i said, if a player can be fined for overappealing or hanging on the crease too long, this oen definately deserved a fine......
i dunno but if you include the word 'consistency' in your vocabulary, you might understand what i am trying to say.
Looks very much like you whinging about the umpire not reporting Warne, have I got that right.

C_C

International Captain
Looks very much like you whinging about the umpire not reporting Warne, have I got that right.
What you havnt got right yet is the concept of consistency....like i said, umpires can bollox up and here they have.
Notice how you aint touching the issue of Warne getting off as opposed to people getting fined/banned for over-appealing, hanging on to the crease too long etc etc.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
What you havnt got right yet is the concept of consistency....like i said, umpires can bollox up and here they have.
Notice how you aint touching the issue of Warne getting off as opposed to people getting fined/banned for over-appealing, hanging on to the crease too long etc etc.
Thats because I dont complain about the umpires decision, you do and thats called whinging which is what you cliam us Aussies do. Starting to make sense now.

C_C

International Captain
Thats because I dont complain about the umpires decision, you do and thats called whinging which is what you cliam us Aussies do. Starting to make sense now.
Scallywag is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote
i thought i explained to you that every fanbase whinges when their teams get shafted.....
Aussies used to whinge in the 80s and early 90s....
hell your players even whinged after the mumbai test.....
whinging is making an excuse for a loss or some match result...... which isnt the case here....

Besides, nice try to label it as a 'whinge' and try to dodge the consistency issue.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
i thought i explained to you that every fanbase whinges when their teams get shafted.....
Aussies used to whinge in the 80s and early 90s....
hell your players even whinged after the mumbai test.....
whinging is making an excuse for a loss or some match result...... which isnt the case here....

Besides, nice try to label it as a 'whinge' and try to dodge the consistency issue.
Whinging is complaining (look in your dictionary)

You are whinging about the umpire not reporting Warne, build a bridge and get over it. Watch the cricket dont try to tell the umpire how to do his job, he is more experienced than you and he knows what happened whereas you are only guessing.

C_C

International Captain
Watch the cricket dont try to tell the umpire how to do his job, he is more experienced than you and he knows what happened whereas you are only guessing.
are you implying then that the umpires are 100% of the times correct in their judgement ?

and i asked you a question, i would presume you would have SOME gonads to answer em.......
but guess not. 8-)

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
are you implying then that the umpires are 100% of the times correct in their judgement ?
No but I accept their decision 100% of the time knowing that there will be mistakes but its not my position to go around telling them they are wrong.

As you and everybody that plays cricket there are some decisions that I might think are wrong and others may think is correct so the umpire will be accused of making a mistake regardless of what decision he makes. The only way around this problem is to teach everybody to respect the umpires decision right or wrong. Thats what we teach our kids in juniors so they grow up playing cricket and not arguing about the umpires decision. This also helps the umpire to make decisions without having to worry about being abused regardless of the decision.

Does that make sense to you.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i think aleem dar garnered more respect from the cricket community by not being uptight with warne. umpires are human, and so are players. players should be able to vent their frustration - to an extent. what warne did was not offensive to the umpire, or to the game. dar reprimanded warne on the ground, and no greater a deal was made of it. what else needs to be achieved?