• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite XI vs Hated XI

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard said:
Well, I stand corrected.
Not much below 3-an-over, though, is it?
LOL! That's like guaranteeing so and so will not make a century, and when they do (say 102), you reply with "not much above 100 is it?"

Wow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Totally different and you know it (or maybe you don't).
A century is a one-off, an economy-rate is something built-up over time.
Not like I said "he's never bowled an innings-spell for an economy-rate of under 3", is it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
If it is a home thing I have no idea why that would be the case lol
Yeh, wasn't being totally serious. :) But it's definately been something of a pattern.
Who knows, maybe he just runs in harder at home or something?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Kasprowicz has taken more wickets in England (or, more significantly, his strike-rate has been lower) - hence, the English batsmen, while they've scored runs off him quicker, have lost their wickets in the process.
The Australians, while they've not scored as quickly, have ended with considerably more runs.
Hence, the Australian competition is of a higher standard.
Kasprowicz averages 26.88 in all FC cricket in England (330 wickets). In Australia he's taken 476 wickets @ 25.18.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
FAV

Jayasuriya
Anwar (saeed)
Gibbs
Lara
Straus
Sangakara +
Ganguly
Wasim
Saqlain
Warne
Vass

Hated

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting +
and the rest of the ausie team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well all I can think of is the eternally baffling idea of looking at his English domestic-season stats (which are incomplete because he played in England before 1999, too) and subtracting them from the overall.
That misses-out tour-games and the like - so an informed guy like you couldn't possibly have done that.
I really can't think of anything else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Come to think of it, I'm quite flabbergasted he's taken that many wickets in England.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fave XI

1Vaughan
2Ganguly
3Fleming
4Styris
5Astle
6McMillan
7McCullum
8Vettori
9Mills