• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Glovemen

masterblaster

International Captain
Dinesh Karthik has a lot of talent and technically is very sound behind the stumps, if he bats as well for India as he has been for India A and Tamil Nadu then I think Karthik will be up there in the future in terms of best glovemen.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
With so much emphasis on batting thanks to one day cricket, pure wicket keeping skills are less appreciated. This is a fact whether we like it or not. Even the knowledgeable cricket fans know very little about what goes towards making a good/great wicket keeper. Hence all this talk of Gilchrist being a great/on-way-to-being-great keeper.

With due respects to a great cricketer, Gilchrist is far from being in the top echelons of wicket keepers. The last great keeper we saw was Ian Healy and God knows when we will see the next.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
Let's make SJS an honorary Queenslander. :p

Even with your ignorance towards anything good/great to come out of Queensland (Watson excluded) you would surely agree that Healy is/was a much better keeper than Gilchrist.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Even with your ignorance towards anything good/great to come out of Queensland (Watson excluded) you would surely agree that Healy is/was a much better keeper than Gilchrist.
Yes, I'm ignorant. Yes, I have an unfounded bias towards Queensland. Yes, everything I say is stupid. *Yawn*

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
bryce said:
did anyone read that comment that darren berry made saying something along the lines of that gilchrist is a very poor keeper ?
yeh i did, and i reckon its true. he's an adequate "backstop", but how often do you see him getting people out himself with stumpings off medium pacers and spinners, like the healy's and the russell's were able to do.