• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali returns fire

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Cloete, when you don't know what you're talking about, it's better not to say anything rather than make posts like this which are entirely inaccurate and make you look really quite stupid.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Hey guys,I was listening to the Cricket news headlines on Ten Sports today and it said Murali has denied making those comments against the Australian bowlers...Wher do all these news...rather rumours come from?Anyone knowing more than this?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The beauty of journalistic spin is the answer.

I would think the gist of Murali's comments would be along the lines of "Look, the survey says that my arm bends by x degrees. However, it also says that McGrath, Lee and Gillespie bend theirs by a, b and c degrees. Hence, if I'm chucking it, and a/b/c>x, then they're also chucking it".

That gets turned into "MURALI SLAMS AUSSIE LEGENDS AS CHUCKERS".

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
The beauty of journalistic spin is the answer.

I would think the gist of Murali's comments would be along the lines of "Look, the survey says that my arm bends by x degrees. However, it also says that McGrath, Lee and Gillespie bend theirs by a, b and c degrees. Hence, if I'm chucking it, and a/b/c>x, then they're also chucking it".

That gets turned into "MURALI SLAMS AUSSIE LEGENDS AS CHUCKERS".
Fair enough

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah hes probably trying to be diplomatic after screwing up

he has been reprimanded verbally too by the sounds of it
Meanwhile the Sri Lankan board banned Murali from making statements on the bowling actions of other players. Ray Illangakoon, a spokesman for the board, said, "Since Murali is a contract player of Sri Lanka Cricket, we have told him that he is not allowed to make statements without our approval. From now on he will not make any statements."

anzac

International Debutant
LongHopCassidy said:
Ranatunga did the same thing with Oz in 1995/6.

Although that spare tyre would disprove the "underpriveliged" part.
they like to play the underdog hand............

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
You will believe what you want to. It was an Aussie radio which called him and I wont be surprised if they twisted the whole stuff.

Instead of believing the whole stuff blindly, Why not ask the radio station to post the full transcript. We all know the credibility of the media.

Legglancer

State Regular
age_master said:

he has been reprimanded verbally too by the sounds of it
Meanwhile the Sri Lankan board banned Murali from making statements on the bowling actions of other players. Ray Illangakoon, a spokesman for the board, said, "Since Murali is a contract player of Sri Lanka Cricket, we have told him that he is not allowed to make statements without our approval. From now on he will not make any statements."
Perhaps in your view the media in general is a "Paragon Of Virtue" ? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LongHopCassidy said:
Shouldn't you say something to disprove the claim instead of simply saying tantamount to "You're wrong, I win"?
Just quoting that load of tripe is enough.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Just quoting that load of tripe is enough.
Marc... you can at times, be quite hypcritical..

Since when has not knowing what you're talking about ever stopped you from posting?

And anyway my view is as valid as the next person's... that's what I think, whether it's right or wrong (sure it's probably wrong, but it's still my view) that's what I think...I'm surely allowed one post stating that..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
anzac said:
there being a slight difference to the circumstances & execution.............
(Circumstances) Yes the long history is not there . :laugh: :laugh: Execution is by infiltration I suppose, So definitely different. :laugh: :laugh:

Mind you in time to come, Lankans would have infiltrated in adequate numbers too.. :p :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cloete said:

Since when has not knowing what you're talking about ever stopped you from posting?

And anyway my view is as valid as the next person's... that's what I think, whether it's right or wrong (sure it's probably wrong, but it's still my view) that's what I think...I'm surely allowed one post stating that..
I think the earth is flat. Valid?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:

Can you let me know when this has happened please?

If there are subjects that I am not au fait on, I tend to not post.

I certainly do not make up ludicrous racist rubbish.

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I think the earth is flat. Valid?
sure... if that's what you want to think, then think it.

Originally Posted by marc71178
Can you let me know when this has happened please?

If there are subjects that I am not au fait on, I tend to not post.

I certainly do not make up ludicrous racist rubbish.
You think it's ludicrous, fine, think that. But I seriously don't think it is, so don't try and slam me for that...

And anyway, out of interest, have you ever actually played cricket?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What does playing Cricket have to do with making racist comments?

Do you have proof that what you said is true or are you just jealous, bitter and twisted?

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
What does playing Cricket have to do with making racist comments?

Do you have proof that what you said is true or are you just jealous, bitter and twisted?
Were my comments racist? No, I wasn't being racist towards Murali in any way. I was saying the ICC was possibly being racist, or being scared of being racist.

Of course I don't have proof... but like I said, that's my opinion. I'm not going to justify it, it was only meant to be one post. I shouldn't really be arguing it. So I'll just leave this topic now, you probably won, but I still hold my opinion. Have the last say if you wish

anzac

International Debutant
JASON said:
(Circumstances) Yes the long history is not there . :laugh: :laugh: Execution is by infiltration I suppose, So definitely different. :laugh: :laugh:

Mind you in time to come, Lankans would have infiltrated in adequate numbers too.. :p :D

:huh: