• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

deeps

International 12th Man
does it have to do with the number of test matches without a century or a double century?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
does it have to do with the number of test matches without a century or a double century?
Looks like Shankar ha gone fishing (like his Avatar) :p

shankar

International Debutant
Just woke up...

Q1 Does it have to do with bowling ? NO
Q2 highest number of tests without registering their first test win...in this case bangladesh? NO
Q3 Does it have to do with batting? YES
Q4 is it the lowest ever test score in a completed innings? NO
Q5 Is it the average score per wicket in all test cricket? NO
Q6 Is it the number of deliveries faced in an innings of some sort? NO
Q7 Most runs off one over? NO
Q8 Is it a series? Thats to say a number of test innings without this or that etc NO
Q9 does it have to do with the number of test matches without a century or a double century? NO

I'll add to my earlier clue - It's the opposite of 952

Should be a cinch now!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
Just woke up...

Q1 Does it have to do with bowling ? NO
Q2 highest number of tests without registering their first test win...in this case bangladesh? NO
Q3 Does it have to do with batting? YES
Q4 is it the lowest ever test score in a completed innings? NO
Q5 Is it the average score per wicket in all test cricket? NO
Q6 Is it the number of deliveries faced in an innings of some sort? NO
Q7 Most runs off one over? NO
Q8 Is it a series? Thats to say a number of test innings without this or that etc NO
Q9 does it have to do with the number of test matches without a century or a double century? NO

I'll add to my earlier clue - It's the opposite of 952

Should be a cinch now!
Okay so it has something to do with the highest ever innings score which was 952 for 6 by Sri Lanka in a drwan game against India in which only 14 wickets fell !!

No 32 here !! :@

shankar

International Debutant
viktor said:
lowest uncompleted score??? u know.. 32 declared
That's right!!! :thumbsup:

32 is the lowest score at which a Test match innings has been declared - by Australia against England at Brisbane in 1950.

England had done exceptionally well to dismiss Australia on a good batting surface for 228. Rain, which prevented play on the second day, turned the pitch into an unplayable 'sticky' and 20 wickets fell for 102 runs after lunch on the third day.

England declared at 68-7 and Australia countered by closing their second innings at 32-7. Reduced to 30-6 at stumps, England, thanks to a remarkable and undefeated 62 by Len Hutton, made 122 but still lost by 70 runs.

Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/stump_bearders/3981883.stm

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
That's right!!! :thumbsup:

32 is the lowest score at which a Test match innings has been declared - by Australia against England at Brisbane in 1950.

England had done exceptionally well to dismiss Australia on a good batting surface for 228. Rain, which prevented play on the second day, turned the pitch into an unplayable 'sticky' and 20 wickets fell for 102 runs after lunch on the third day.

England declared at 68-7 and Australia countered by closing their second innings at 32-7. Reduced to 30-6 at stumps, England, thanks to a remarkable and undefeated 62 by Len Hutton, made 122 but still lost by 70 runs.

Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/stump_bearders/3981883.stm
BRAVO VICTOR !
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Your turn to ask the next question :)

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
I am no good at this stuff, guys.. that was just a lucky guess.
I pass...anybody else who has a question, go ahead

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
I am no good at this stuff, guys.. that was just a lucky guess.
I pass...anybody else who has a question, go ahead
Okay here goes...

CRICKET QUESTION # 6

22 times Australians, 8 times Englishmen, 3 times South Africans, 3 times West Indians and once Pakistanis have done it

to the English 15 times, the Aussies 5 times, the SAfricans 8 times, the New Zralanders 4 times, the Windies twice and to the Pakistanis, sri Lankans and the Indians once each !!

What did they do ?? :p

bryce

International Regular
nope, must be a bit of a weird one because it hasn't been done to zimbabwe or bangladesh.....