• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q9. Yes

Even if Q9 had been no, you asked if it occured in a test match in question four. ;)
I meant if it is a feat in the entire Test match (like a century in both innings) as against a feat in an innings like a double century on debut.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
By the way, when you confirmed in Q9 that it was an 'innings feat'. I am assuming it is not a feat spanning a career. I mean he could be the only player to score ten centuries for his country which is a career feat and not an innings feat even though each century was scored in separate inings.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
It is an innings feat like Hadlee being the only NZer to take nine wicket in an innings for NZ in a test. It wouldn't be Hadlee taking the most five wicket bags for a New Zealander in separate innings. Its a one-off achievement. (Its batting related so theres no clue in that by the way ;) )

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It is an innings feat like Hadlee being the only NZer to take nine wicket in an innings for NZ in a test. It wouldn't be Hadlee taking the most five wicket bags for a New Zealander in separate innings. Its a one-off achievement. (Its batting related so theres no clue in that by the way ;) )
Fair enough. Since yopu named Hadlee, I will assume its not a Newzealander :)

Was the feat achieved in or after 1980 ?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I am currently the only player to have achieved this feat for my side. Who am I and what is my feat?

1. Is it a feat on the field of play? YES
2. Is it batting related? YES
3. Is it an international? YES
4. Is it in a Test match? NO
5. Is the player still playing? YES
6. Is he from the sub-continent? NO
7. Is it something to be proud of? YES
8. Is he from the Southern Hemisphere? YES
9. Is this an innings feat? YES
10. Is it debut related? NO

Clue 1: The played achieved his feat on the sub-continent.

11. Was the feat achieved in or after 1980? YES
12. Is he African? YES
13. Is he a wicket keeper? NO

Clue 2: The feat was achieved post 2000.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I must apologise. I completely missed/ignored Q4 and continued as if it was a Test match feat and even when you pointed it out I refused to see it. You are very polite for not continuing to argue :)

stumpski

International Captain
Hello Somerset, nice to see you again (you and I have spoken before - I was 'Tailender' on the old Extra Cover forum). :)

Did the batsman concerned carry his bat through a completed innings?