• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whos the better off spinner, Muralitharan or Laker?

who is the better off spinner

• Laker by a lot

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Laker by a little

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • pretty much even

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Murali by a little

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Murali by a lot

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Notes Dhaka's record in the first stage.

Along with Basin Reserve's star all-rounder(Kallis) being missing

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Notes Neil submitted a nun, which means Muralitharan and Samaraweera didn't play...

Also, if a team has a star all-rounder with a bowling average of 30 then they're really struggling (case in point: Dhaka - Kapil Dev :p)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Back to the original point which is that we won 3 Tests to get through to the Super 6's which the Sharjah Stinking Sharks aren't in and 2 of them were by an innings so we can win and by a lot :P

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Notes when your star batsman and best spinner is out with injury in crucial stages of the season, that helps the team's cause no end...

Also, you played Lahore, which was manager-less for huge parts of the season and helped by two inept managers...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Notes that We lost Waugh for 2 Tests: 1/3 of the group stage and that we played a full strength Lahore Ironmonger et al. to put us through a pressure situation but we pulled it off this was 2 weeks after an 8 wicket defeat of Cape Town to keep us in contention.

Craig

World Traveller
Excuse me if I haven't been around a lot in the past few weeks, I have been working very hard in my garage contrusting and expermenting the world's first time machine so I can travel back in time to watch Jim Laker at his best.

Lease talk, more inventing I say.

(I'm kidding in case you never knew)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
Notes that We lost Waugh for 2 Tests: 1/3 of the group stage and that we played a full strength Lahore Ironmonger et al. to put us through a pressure situation but we pulled it off this was 2 weeks after an 8 wicket defeat of Cape Town to keep us in contention.
Yes, but the full strength Lahore has failed to win any matches in the Plate. Your point?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yes, but the full strength Lahore has failed to win any matches in the Plate. Your point?
Rerembers the MSN Convo's.

(BReserve numbers first)

Me: 65-45
Tom: 75-25
Sam: 45-55

tooextracool

International Coach
a massive zebra said:
Murali clearly has more types of delivery, but that does not necessarily make him better (Adam Holliake has as many variations as anyone, yet he was never any good); accuracy wise and in terms of flight and amount of spin they are pretty much even.
i find it hard to believe that murali has more types of delivery than laker did. as devastating as murali can be, it must be said that hes all about bowling the same off break in different places.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
i find it hard to believe that murali has more types of delivery than laker did. as devastating as murali can be, it must be said that hes all about bowling the same off break in different places.
I dont know about Laker (havent seen him even in my dreams) but Murali has just one kind of delivery that he bowls in different places ????

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

tooextracool

International Coach
SJS said:
I dont know about Laker (havent seen him even in my dreams) but Murali has just one kind of delivery that he bowls in different places ????

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
exaggeration, i was referring to the fact that murali is far more limited as a bowler than people make him out to be.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
exaggeration, i was referring to the fact that murali is far more limited as a bowler than people make him out to be.
Okay. accepted. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I disagree, it's surely Balaji?
Allow me to dissect your post and answer it logically and bit by painful bit :wacko:

marc71178 said:
How can you call yourself I when most of the time you call yourself by an alpha-numeric title ? Shows inconsistency which is the hallmark of all your posts anyway. :sleep:

marc71178 said:
disagree,
Who cares if you disagree ? I know what is right and the whole of me says so in agreement ! Just shows that you have made up your mind to find something wrong with anything I post. Total lack of objectivity on your part. Not surprising for someone with an alpha-neumeric pseudonym.:disgust:

marc71178 said:
What do you mean 'it's' ? We are not talking of inanimate objects here. These are life and blood individuals. Or maybe you dont know which *** they belong to. But then I am not surprised considering your lack of the nuances of the game in general

marc71178 said:
How can you be so sure. What about the 'law of averages'. Do you know that by the law of averages you could be 100 % sure only 37% of the times ? I bet you didnt know that. Not surprising for someone who doesnt even realise that a name needs a capital alphabet to start with (besides not having neumerals in it) :huh:

marc71178 said:
Balaji?[/I]

There you go contradicting yourself. :@

A word ago you were 'sure' and now you are 'questioning yourself' (not sure). I think you should go back and read all my postings in detail before you come replying to one of them in isolation. :sleep:

PS. Please dont answer with a cryptic half a line post :crybaby:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SJS said:
What do you mean 'it's' ? We are not talking of inanimate objects here. These are life and blood individuals. Or maybe you dont know which *** they belong to. But then I am not surprised considering your lack of the nuances of the game in general

ROFLMAO

Only point is it's means it is, not belonging to it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
ROFLMAO

Only point is it's means it is, not belonging to it.
You are not doing your part of the job you know.

Already I am missing Richard :@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry was I meant to take offence at all the other parts as well and post meaningless and incorrect arguments so that you could counter with more meaningless incorrect things until it descends into insults and the same old MMvSW debate?

Because I must admit I was laughing too much to do that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Because I must admit I was laughing too much to do that.
I wish I could laugh seeing all those multiple multi-quote postings, page after page after page. But I do manage a smile sometimes. a grimace at others :p