• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 Cricket Bats

wmbfrd

Cricket Spectator
Its always important to keep up to date on the latest knowledge and bats available. Here is a list of the top 10 cricket bats that could be the right choice for you to help maximize your performance on the field.

Number 1 – Woodworm Ibat Pro Series

Woodworm have always come out with great bats over the years and this one has to be up there with the best of them. Although the name is quite bad and design isn’t the stylish of them all, when you hit the ball with this bat your opinion of it will soon start to change. The great thing about this bat is that you do not need to generate large amounts of force like other bats to hit 6s and 4s. The bat makers have packed the striking zone therefore allowing you to hit the ball without a lot of power used. A great bat to use for aggressive style players and suitable for all ages.

Number 2 – Adidas Master Blaster Club

This is another great bat made by Adidas. A very sleek design and there is no wonder why the great Sanchin Tendulkar used this. Because of the low sweet spot it is perfect for driving and hitting the ball however it is heavier then other bats. A great choice to consider

Number 3 - Affinity Carbine

Affinity have always made bats with great style and most of all performance. This bat has a slick design and focuses on getting maximum willow mass in the strike zone for a greater swing of the bat. A very good bat to use for novice and advanced players however there are a limited amount of these bats each year so you best hurry if you are interested.

Number 4 – Spartan MP 1000

This bat is for something plain and simple. Power. The large edges of the bat combine with a curve and flat face which is the reason this bat is so good for generating great amounts of force to hit the ball. It has a traditional shape with a good hitting zone and feels great to use.

Number 5 – Gun And Moore Icon F2 808

Gunn and Moore are known for making some of the best bats in the world. The Icon F2 808 has a lot of wood in the edges and tapers into a sharp concave style. The flat face may not be for everyone but this bat has no negatives in terms of the bats hitting power. It is also a bit heavier then most bats on the market but it is generally a good bat to use.

Number 6 – Slazenger V100 TAS G3

The V100 TAS G3 has new technology that was designed in Australia which involves putting pieces of oak that bend in the opposite direction of the main piece of wood. The whole concept of this bat is that it makes the sweet spot wider which would therefore give the batsman a greater advantage. The bad thing about this bat is that it feels light and not as sturdy as the rest of the other great bats to choose from.

Number 7 – Hunts County Revolution Turbo LE

This bat brings back the style of the 1980s. It is thinner then most bats and they have drilled a hole all the way through the middle of the bat to reduce the weight by 2 ounces. Even though this bat is light it still isn’t affected by the swinging power and it has a very strong sweet spot along with a lightweight feel.

Number 8 – Kookaburra Ricochet 800

The Kookaburra Ricochet is great for the modern day batsman. It contains a lot of wood on the spine and the edge with a lightweight feel to it. There is a lot of wood packed into the hitting zone so an aggressive player will have no problem using this bat. Recommended for novice players.

Number 9 – Reebok Blast

If you are first starting off then this bat is great to get started with. It is easy to handle and comfortable to hit the ball. The great thing about this bat is that it is very friendly for beginners as it is lightweight and easy to score runs with.

Number 10 – SG Cobra Select

This bat is also recommend for players just starting off. It ticks all the boxes you want in a bat, delivers great shots with quality and has a stylish design to go along with it, smooth surface and lightweight allowing you to generate a lot of power. Recommended for players age 13 – 14.

Top 10 Cricket Bats | Cricket Bats For Sale

SLA

Cricket Spectator
bit pricey for amateur players, no? Paying more than £100 for a lump of wood is a mug's game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My young bloke has a GM Purist this season and the thing is a ****ing cannon. Fantastic cue.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My young bloke has a GM Purist this season and the thing is a ****ing cannon. Fantastic cue.
My Gray Nicholls A61 died on me the other week (I think someone broke into my kit bag and replaced it with a lump of treated pine or something, it was that useless), so I went out and grabbed one of these:

It's also a "****ing cannon", based on the way I was hitting the ball in the nets today. A couple of the other guys were hitting catches with it and couldn't believe how good it felt.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally, I've never liked you....

As something of a traditionalist, I like that GM bats aren't over adorned with garish stickers. I've just checked, and his cue isn't a Purist, it's an Octane F2.

****ing edges are thicker than the faces on old bats.

BeeGee

International Captain
So much wood....

My old Gray-Nicolls scoop looks a bit sad in comparison.

You know you're getting old when there are sports museums who would be happy to exhibit you're old sports equipment.

Riggins

International Captain
Personally, I've never liked you....

As something of a traditionalist, I like that GM bats aren't over adorned with garish stickers. I've just checked, and his cue isn't a Purist, it's an Octane F2.

****ing edges are thicker than the faces on old bats.
if you cheer up and he starts using full size sticks i could probably send him something decent.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So much wood....

My old Gray-Nicolls scoop looks a bit sad in comparison.

You know you're getting old when there are sports museums who would be happy to exhibit you're old sports equipment.
You know you're getting old when your 9 yo son's first bat has just set you back $49.95 and the last top-of-the-range bat you bought for yourself cost less

Blocky

Banned
When you get a custom made laver and wood for less than it costs to get a factory made brand bat, something is wrong in the world.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
When you get a custom made laver and wood for less than it costs to get a factory made brand bat, something is wrong in the world.
You're a Laver and Wood man? They're absolutely terrific bats. Wouldn't buy anything else these days.

Blocky

Banned
You're a Laver and Wood man? They're absolutely terrific bats. Wouldn't buy anything else these days.
Yeah - I remember picking up someones bat in about 2001, it had GM stickers on it but it wasn't a GM bat, definite difference in shape and pick up, I hit a few balls with it and while it was a bit dead outside of the middle ( Laver's wood distribution tends to be ultra middle orientated) it absolutely pinged off the middle. Managed to exort out of him who did his bat and was on the phone the next day to get myself one.

Blocky

Banned
Used to order two at a time, plus a third in lesser material as a practice bat - my practice bats were often used by others at club level due to how good they were and had a number of tonnes scored with them.

Meridio

International Regular
Laver & Wood are fantastic. Wish I'd bought one years ago, though tbf I had a Puma that suited me well. Made 1100 runs in my first season with my Laver and Wood, and hit two 50s and a 100 in the only three games I played this season. I've never had such confidence that if I need to clear the boundary (or just the infield) I can, and it's not as though it's a heavy bat - picks up like it weighs nothing.

Blocky

Banned
Laver & Wood are fantastic. Wish I'd bought one years ago, though tbf I had a Puma that suited me well. Made 1100 runs in my first season with my Laver and Wood, and hit two 50s and a 100 in the only three games I played this season. I've never had such confidence that if I need to clear the boundary (or just the infield) I can, and it's not as though it's a heavy bat - picks up like it weighs nothing.
I remember a Slazenger V500 that my brother got for me in the UK when I was about 19 - I've never come across another bat with a ping like that one had for being so light. Kookaburra also do a very good middle in their bats, but yeah, for overall performance, pick up and the transformation I've seen it make to people - it's not uncommon for people to score their first half century/century batting with a Laver and Wood.