Thread: Left arm fast bowling

Cricket Spectator

Left arm fast bowling

Le

Hi. I'm from Pakistan and a complete cricket fanatic. I'm 6"0 and I'm 14 years old. I'm also a left arm fast medium bowler. It would be very appreciated if anyone can give me advice or tips in bowling. I'm skinny and suffer from lack of pace. For about a month now I have been going to the gym and have improved my diet. I have played a couple of matches from my school as an opener bowler but I bowl a lot of wides down the leg side. Can anyone help me bowl a natural swing bowling across the right hander? All I can do is bowl an in swingerl which goes down the leg side for wide. I would be very grateful for any kind help.*

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    You should talk to the poster from NZ Welalbidarned.

My thoughts. You shouldn't be trying to swing it away from the right hander anyway. It is most natural for you to shape it back in. Your variation can be your cross seam delivery where you just angle it across the right hander.

Until you can learn how to control your swing I would bowl every ball across the seam.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricket Spectator
    Thanks for the reply. Can u atleast give me a link or the username of the poster? Thanks a bunch

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Mate my advice would be to focus on accuracy at the moment, you'll probably get faster when you get older and stronger.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Spectator
    Consistency should be your aim and that can only be achieved with a well practiced technique. Speed and power as mentioned will come. You could vary this with outside spin taking the batsman off his mark

Cricket Spectator
    Left arm fast bowling is well from anothers. In terms of wickets taken, the gulf between left-arm fast bowlers and the others — left-arm spin, right-arm spin and right-arm fast is huge.

Thread Information