Thread: Length

Cricket Spectator

Length

Hi,
    When I bowl I usually bowl a pretty good line just outside off stump, however, when it comes to length I tend to bowl either too full or too short. I have tried placing cones on the field and try hitting them and I usaully succeed, however, when it comes to bowling without the cones with a batsman facing I bowl the wrong length. So can you please tell me how to bowl in the right good length consistently?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Where do you look when you bowl? Know that those who are concerned about their runup and going for noballs tend to look at that line and struggle with length, should make sure you're looking at where you want it to pitch if you're struggling with length.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Looking where you bowl is very helpful.

Another thing could be tensing up. In games with a batsman, the delivery stride can shorten a fraction due to the bowler not being as relaxed as in the nets.

That small shortening of the stride thows length all over the place and its impossible to hit a right length.

Have a look to see if you are as relaxed against a batsman as with a cone. If not, try and extend the delivery stride a fraction (Im talking about an inch) in order to replicate the action when bowling at a cone better
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

State 12th Man
    Should start with a full toss to the head - then at least you won't be the only nervous one.

Target on the spot of the pitch you want to hit and start slowly (don't start at all out pace you have or trying to rip it as far as you can if you are a spinner). A good short one will loosen you up if you are a fast bowler.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolator View Post
    Should start with a full toss to the head - then at least you won't be the only nervous one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Thread Information