• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Falling away at delivery

bond21

Banned
what do you mean by pressure on the back foot?

Im talking about when im releasing the ball, my back foot drags instead of coming off the ground and driving the leg through.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
When bowling, you have two choices with the back foot. Choice one was my previous post but choice two is not to worry about your back foot whatsoever. Just take a big step forward to crease with your right foot and don't think about your left foot, just go with comfort. Thinking about controlling your body parts too much during bowling won't help you bowl well at all.

RoCricket

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys.
I am a right-hand medium bowler. I get natural in-swing to the right-hander. My problem is that I have a little skip before the jump while bowling. When I am bowling well, it doesn't matter too much. However, this skip prevents me from gaining any real rhythm and bowling a little bit quicker. I really want to get rid of this skip and have a smooth run-up to the crease. Any tips/drills to rectify this?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hi guys.
I am a right-hand medium bowler. I get natural in-swing to the right-hander. My problem is that I have a little skip before the jump while bowling. When I am bowling well, it doesn't matter too much. However, this skip prevents me from gaining any real rhythm and bowling a little bit quicker. I really want to get rid of this skip and have a smooth run-up to the crease. Any tips/drills to rectify this?
Perhaps you arre doing this becuase you don't have your run up figured out properly. Some people do funny things before their jump so that they can time their jump right before the crease.

i think what you might try doing is going to the local park and just run and then jump and bowl with no skip. But do this away from a cricket pitch. Without the pressure of worrying about bowling a no ball or jumping at the right time you should be able to eliminate the skip.

When you have eventually done away with the skip. Mark the start of your 'runup' and then just run and bowl when it feels natural - and then mark where you bowled from. then pace out the number of steps you took. this willbe the length of your new run up.

Now you are ready to bowl in the nets.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That is actually a rather brilliant way of sorting out run-up issues. Can't believe I've never heard of or tried it before.