• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
At least one of the bowlers has to be replaced!

Ideally get rid of Pandya but I don't think they have the courage to drop him because he's an all-rounder who increases the depth of the batting. But his bowling has never been top class and is often smacked around as he continues to deliver back of the length or short-pitch rubbish again & again.

If Umesh could be brought in to replace Pandya, the whole bowling attack would be so much better & more reliable.

Ashwin is the other candidate, especially because Pakistan have a lot of right handers and because he has not bowled that well recently. Direct swap between Ashwin & Umesh may not add anything as Umesh can leak runs too & be just as underwhelming as Ashwin has been of late. But having Umesh instead of Pandya is definitely a big step up and Jadhav to cover up if either Umesh or Ashwin get hit for some. But having Pandya means that it's almost certain that the 5th bowling option is going to struggle whereas with Umesh/Ashwin there is reasonable chance they may do quite well too.

And Pandya bowled just 4 overs in the previous game, he was just atrocious. He has to go.. Having him means that you are playing with 4.5 bowlers, although he may be able to perform somewhat better against the Pakistan battling lineup and test them with the short stuff because that's all he actually bowls.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At most Ashwin out for Shami/Yadav. Wouldn't really change anything else. Don't want to lose the extra batting Pandya gives against a bowling lineup that knows they have to get you all out or they lose.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And Pandya bowled just 4 overs in the previous game, he was just atrocious. He has to go.. Having him means that you are playing with 4.5 bowlers, although he may be able to perform somewhat better against the Pakistan battling lineup and test them with the short stuff because that's all he actually bowls.
Bowled one off a no ball, had one bat caught off a freehit and had a catch dropped off his bowling at deep third man. Pandya was unlucky in the last game

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And if we do end up like 5 down within the 30th over or so, I would like us to be flexible and promote Ashwin to ensure we get through at least till the 40th or 45th over without further damage. The hitters can come in after that to try and take the game away from Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
At most Ashwin out for Shami/Yadav. Wouldn't really change anything else. Don't want to lose the extra batting Pandya gives against a bowling lineup that knows they have to get you all out or they lose.
Ashwin is a worry. Ashwin was rank in the previous game. His form in ODIs in recent times has also been poor. Do we select him or some one like Umesh or Shami (not sure how fit Shami is) is a big decision.

smash84

The Tiger King
Shami has always been pretty good against Pakistan iirc. Wouldn't be a bad idea playing him. Unlike the brainless Umesh he can be quite wily

smash84

The Tiger King
i hate it when people say this about evidence that goes against their arguments
I wasn't entirely serious with that.

He's improved significantly. Hope you watched some of India's recent test series. He's stepped it up.
As a matter of fact i haven't watched too much of him of late. Perhaps he's had a renaissance like Ishant (tests) of late. But he'll have to do more than just blow away a terrible pakistan batting line up to get a bit more respect i reckon.

My lasting memories of him are bowling consistently short to Aussies despite getting spanked around the park

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
As a matter of fact i haven't watched too much of him of late. Perhaps he's had a renaissance like Ishant (tests) of late. But he'll have to do more than just blow away a terrible pakistan batting line up to get a bit more respect i reckon.

My lasting memories of him are bowling consistently short to Aussies despite getting spanked around the park
Was the best pacer in a series which included Starc , Hazlewood and Cummins.