• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Burner

International Regular
By god, Jadeja is a good fielder. **** me anyone else in the team and the Fakhar was safe

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Pandya's come to the party today with the ball, imagine if he had a bad day with the ball LOL. I'd be happy chasing 300 from here.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Look at that. Decent length, floated up, middle and leg. And he nails it for six. Is this bad bowling? Why? He didn't even get to the pitch of it, he just swung through and got six. DId Ashwin miss his length or something?
That was straight up a bad delivery from over the wicket. In the slot.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ye ***** you are seeing what you want here, that was a trash ball that deservedly went the journey.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pandya's come to the party today with the ball, imagine if he had a bad day with the ball LOL. I'd be happy chasing 300 from here.
Even Pakistan can't screw up that badly. They're getting 320 minimum from here. 120 in 17 overs is a cakewalk.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Manjrekar is the worst commentator I've heard, his bias laughable and his insight gob****e.

Makes Swann sound like benaud.

cnerd123

likes this
wtf are you talking about. Ashwin has bowled wides, he's bowled a bunch of short, flat ****e and Jadeja has bowled some awful short wide deliveries. I have no idea what the plan should be. But regardless of what the plan is you shouldn't bowl bad balls. Now stop this silly discussion.
Wides i'll give you. That's what happens when you're trying to cramp batsmen up tho. You'd expect international bowlers to be able to execute that flawlessly, but Ashwin didn't do it well, and yes that's been bad.

And about the flat, short stuff:

a) They both do that all the time in ODIs and it works so often.
b) That isn't what went for runs. The bulk of Fakhar's boundaries have come from anything pitched fuller up.

'Bad balls' isn't an objective category. What is a bad ball and what isn't is all subjective. A yorker is a bad ball if the batsman is expecting it and has it lined up. A full toss is a good ball if you cant the batsman off guard with it.

You're not being nuanced here with your criticism of the spinners. You're just raging at them because they've been hit for runs. I'm watching here and I just think Fakhar has been amazing and the spinners were left with no solution on how to bowl to him. They haven't had a great day, but they have had worse days than this and gotten away.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Even Pakistan can't screw up that badly. They're getting 320 minimum from here. 120 in 17 overs is a cakewalk.
Yes but last 10 overs you can have 5 fielders out, We've got 5 overs from Bhuvi who hopefully can keep going the way he has all day today. Pandya's bowling well and we just need Bumrah to pull out those yorkers. India have a real chance now to pull things back.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wides i'll give you. That's what happens when you're trying to cramp batsmen up tho. You'd expect international bowlers to be able to execute that flawlessly, but Ashwin didn't do it well, and yes that's been bad.

And about the flat, short stuff:

a) They both do that all the time in ODIs and it works so often.
b) That isn't what went for runs. The bulk of Fakhar's boundaries have come from anything pitched fuller up.

'Bad balls' isn't an objective category. What is a bad ball and what isn't is all subjective. A yorker is a bad ball if the batsman is expecting it and has it lined up. A full toss is a good ball if you cant the batsman off guard with it.

You're not being nuanced here with your criticism of the spinners. You're just raging at them because they've been hit for runs. I'm watching here and I just think Fakhar has been amazing and the spinners were left with no solution on how to bowl to him. They haven't had a great day, but they have had worse days than this and gotten away.
A spinner bowling a short wide ball is always bad and I'm pretty dumbstruck you're trying to argue otherwise.