Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

7 63.64%
  • New Zealand

4 36.36%
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 6th June - Group A - England v New Zealand

International Coach
    Shite from Wood there, idiotic batting cost us a few runs however we shouldn't really have made 310 from where we were. Boult/Southee really good at the death though.

Good effort, probably only around par so will have to bowl better than they have done. Guptil/Williamson as usual dictate the game from here.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Considering how many of our batsmen look in great touch (especially nice to have Jos back), it's not really good enough.

Could be a pretty even chase if the rain stays away.

Does us bowling England out have any effect on over rate ban rules?

Not sure why it would since we're about half an hour over but sometimes these things have some strange quirks.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridio View Post

Not sure why it would since we're about half an hour over but sometimes these things have some strange quirks.
    I think it's when the last over starts isn't it? Or is that just T20?

England maybe 20, 25 runs short, considering England's lacklustre bowling and NZ's batting. An early wicket - preferably of Guptill - will be key.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar

Surely they have to factor that 10 wickets fell. An extra 12-15 minutes than if it the opposition lost 5 wickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Surely they have to factor that 10 wickets fell. An extra 12-15 minutes than if it the opposition lost 5 wickets.
    I would've thought the total time allocated to bowl 50 overs would include allowance for all 10 wickets to fall (i.e. assume the last batsman gets out off the last ball).

I would've thought the total time allocated to bowl 50 overs would include allowance for all 10 wickets to fall (i.e. assume the last batsman gets out off the last ball).
    Not sure how they interpret it.

International Coach
    Yeah, it is going to be touch and go. Was 2 reviews as well, and England may be responsible for some of the delay. I can't really remember. It is pretty shoddy to be that far behind though, especially as innings should have ended when England were 6 down.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Yeah, it is going to be touch and go. Was 2 reviews as well, and England may be responsible for some of the delay. I can't really remember. It is pretty shoddy to be that far behind though, especially as innings should have ended when England were 6 down.
    Wasn't there was a longish physio break for an England batsman at one stage too?

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Wasn't there was a longish physio break for an England batsman at one stage too?
    Yeah there might have been, I can't remember much to be honest. Will come out in the wash I expect.

Request Your Custom Title Now! zorax's Avatar
    Umpires keep track of time lost to 'Good Cause' - this means any time the ball gets lost, the batsmen ask for new gloves, a decision gets sent to the third umpires, or any other reason when play is halted for which the bowling side isn't to blame. This time lost is basically time forgiven to the bowling side. For example, if the innings ends 15 minutes later than it should, but the umpires have recorded down 15 minutes lost to 'Good Cause', the bowling side is considered to have finished the innings on time.

Now I can't answer this part for certain, but as far as my umpiring experience has gone, we don't penalise teams for being slow if they happen to bowl the other side out before scheduled close of play. IE, if they're starting the 46th over at the time they should be starting the 50th, but pick up the 10th wicket, and we go off the field for the change of innings at the scheduled time, then there is no punishment. But that's club cricket in HK, I'm pretty sure International cricket will be far stricter.

My guess would be that they'll see how many overs should have been bowled at the time the innings ended, how many were actually bowled, factor in the 'Good Cause' time, and then figure out how far behind the overrate the bowling side is. There would be some protocol in play (probably something in the ICC playing conditions) about how slow the side must be to incur a penalty. Since all slow overrate penalties are outside of the game, this may actually not even be in the playing conditions, but be in some other set of rules/guidelines that the match referee/tournament organiser/whoever decides on these penalties will refer to.

It's an interesting question. I'll ask around and get back to you all if I find an answer. I'm sure some clever googling might be able to provide an answer too.
    Last edited by zorax; 06-06-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

International Coach
    Any reduction in overs massively favours NZ I think with all 10 wickets in the tank.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    This is Howe's fault
    zorax likes this.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information